Tip Removing BestShieldsEver?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Myv, Jul 28, 2008.

1. Myv

Myv New Member

Hi there, does anyone have experience removing BSE? or even the InvisibleShield? Apparently when I was installing it there was a black lint(from ipod's stupid cleaning cloth, shoulda looked through my cupboards first for that lintless cloth) under my ipod touch and I didn't notice it until I turned on the power -_- like 3 hours later... I emailed my problem to the customer service and I was dealt with professionally and really fast by Sherry T. of BSE, they are shipping me a complementary front skin replacement immediately (great service

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh, what do you know, the customer service even gave me tip to remove it.

"To remove the Skin simply peel it up. Be sure to peel slowly as the adhesive can be quite strong. Sometimes it helps to slightly warm the Skin before removing. This can be done with a hair drier but be cautious not to let the Skin get hot.
    In the rare instance that some adhesive is left behind it can often be lifted off with the sticky side of the removed Skin. We have also had great success with an adhesive remover called Goo Gone on a soft cloth. Some customers have even successfully used a bit of WD-40 on a soft cloth."

Well, does anyone have any experience removing it anyways

? I'd like this to go smoothly as possible.
  2. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I messed up on my first screen protector this weekend, from BSE and just peeled it off, I didn't have any glue left.
  3. Myv

Myv New Member

Oh nice, thanks! When you removed it was it after the adhesive had set and stuck onto your iPod?
  4. Blake

Blake Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    It was on there for an hour or so.
  5. moto617

moto617 New Member

Use a hair drier. A little heat can make it easier to pull off. (And put on

)
  6. potroast32

potroast32 Banned

Those ones use glue? wtf the glue ones suck....it is all about water adhesive, that is all that invisisheild and most others use, It is water and soap