tip for when iTunes runs kinda slow (Windows)

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by awesomo, Dec 18, 2008.

1. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Warning: Do not do this if you think is really crappy (like 128mb ram crappy)
    When your iTunes is running slow on iTunes you can press ctrl+alt+del. This will bring up the Windows Task Manager. Go to the Processes tab and sort by Image Name. Now search iTunes.exe, right click on it, go to Set Priority and set it on Realtime or High. A ridiculous warning will come up just click yes and now your iTunes should run much faster.
    Ofcourse turning off all your 3d editing programs, dvd-player programs,... will help too.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

Would that make other things run slower?
  3. willdacracka

willdacracka Member

Device:
    iPhone
    well I guess I can't do this, seeing as I have 128 mb of ram... D:
  4. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Only if you have alot (I would say about 25?) of apps running or you're on a really crappy pc.
    You're only giving priority to iTunes you don't say to you're pc that it should ignore all the other programs.
    I have 2gig ram and iTunes, Firefox, VLC, explorer, Windows Live, Limewire, Flex Builder and Photoshop running. Usually my iTunes is really slow but now I changed priority and it runs smooth and my other programs aren't running slower that I notice.

ps: You can always change the priority back by selecting Normal instead of Realtime or High.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    How the hell are you able to a web browser these days??? lol
    I don't have many tabs (5) and I'm already at 188mb.

5. steincj

steincj Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Never thought about doing this . . . there are times when iTunes is so slow for me it is almost unbearable. Good tip.
  6. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Yea, had the same problem that's why I ignored iTunes all this time (lol while I wrote these 3 last words I heard them on iPod) , but now I found out that I won't be able to use anything else for the iPod Touch 2G, that I'm gonna get for my bday Thursday, I had to fix the problem somehow. (this was the best idea I could come up with, together with turning off the most items I didn't need [f.e.: Genius, Visual Effects,...])
  7. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Why on earth would it take so long to download songs to my iPod if I am only running iTunes and no other application??
  8. awesomo

awesomo New Member

Because iTunes isn't optimized for Windows? It normally uses Apple Libraries and now he has to "fake" them. (I think :s)
  9. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Itunes is generally slow anyway.

But hey, its a good program