Preview TimeWall: Dynamic Wallpaper Widget

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Captain*, Jun 7, 2009.

1. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It is still in beta at the moment, and by beta I mean coding problems. I can implement the HTML and java into Firefox and IE but not on the iPod / iPhone at the moment, but im seeking out the corrections that need to be made so this isn't that far away, so here I present my new widget:

TimeWall:The Dynamic Wallpaper Widget

Please Register or Log in to view images

Its a dynamic wallpaper widget or (DWPW) that adds an overlay on top of the springboard wallpaper which changes depending on the time, a simulation if you like of the weather outside without the rain and snow ect included. If I can get this to work im going to really try and take this places, by adding in the following:

It's all in thought process at the moment, but as soon as someone helps me out with getting the images up on the springboard, it will roll out pretty quickly.

The reason I'm making this widget, as it does not seem very interesting, is because of my theme I made, I feel that adding in the sun and moon process with the darkening / lighting effects I mentioned above will complete my theme and I would obviously just want to share my hard work. Feel free to comment and if any of you know how to programme java for iPhone widgets (mainly how to get images on the springboard) please PM me. As if no one helps, it wont be coming at all

Please Register or Log in to view images

Stay cool, hope to release the thing soon as beta and ask for some testers then release it as v1.0!

CurtGuven

Attached Files:

2. Vince

Vince Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Very very cool idea. Will the moon also change? Or is it always just going to be the 2/3 fill?
    One could potentially add a 7 day weather widget to this, because you really should know the weather atm (although I must confess that sometimes I don't feel like looking out my window so I do use the weather app).
  3. Captain*

Captain* Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I need to work on the moon phase, that is another thing I need to do. But it all requires it to work first.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    but like I say im nor programmer, until I have got some Java programmers on-board who are willing to help with coding, we will be able to write in a calendar, weather and moon phase to determine length of cycle's, moon phase and weather conditions. But im trying to learn, so its not a lost cause.
  4. iZ3RO

iZ3RO Member

Device:
    iPad
    I am not very good at HTML coding, but I would try linking it with the time. That is the only way I could possibly think of to make it work with the day and night.

Just a thought.