Timetable

Discussion in 'Application Ideas' started by wthoang, Feb 13, 2008.

1. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    For all student iPod Touch users, this may be your best app.

However, for some odd reason, it hasn't been made yet.

I can't see it as being hard but i think it should be ver flexible to do.
    The idea came to me, when a student i was tutoring asked me whether he could put his timetable into his touch when he got one. My honest answer. "im sure it could be done"

However, as im not a develepor of apps, i would have no idea how to do this, but im sure you will receive much praise for this creation.

This is a picture of his timetable with permission as a template of an idea.

Please Register or Log in to view images

I think, we should be able to adjust the amount of days, as some school may use a five day timetable. This timetable has a 7 day timetable for uses such as an assembly or music lesson, which is done on a weekly basis, the same class will not always be missed, and so another will be missed each week.

We should be able to change the time of periods, as each school/college has differnent times, e.g. a school that starts at 8:00am rather than 8:30

We should be able to add extra periods, for things such as tutor/house period. Recess and Lunch should also be included

We should be able to add the names of classes, the room it is held in and the initials of the teacher.

If possible, we could have a secondary timetable, or maybe set up 3 and have one as a weekbased one, so we could add things like. Wednesday, 4:00 sports training.(however i am already doing this via calendar, but this would make it easier). Just having it where instead of days 1,2,3 you have the names of the week, then still have the boxes, so times can be re-aranged, etc.

Thats all the ideas at the moment. I'm all tapped out...feel free to give more ideas...

Cheers,
    Will
  2. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    sorry for the double post, but some reason i cant edit...to see the picture better, you may have to save it and then open it
  3. weirdwilli

weirdwilli New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    This'll be great when it comes out

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    it would be great if we could just find a dev to make it as I don't noe how to do this kinda stuff
  5. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    bump...by the way...by putting ideas up like this..is there any chance of it being made?
  6. swordman540

swordman540 New Member

it's very useful, and definitely possible.

I'm no programmer though, so I can't make it. There is a possibility of it being made, like the screen-cracking simulation thread.

Hopefully someone will make this. i might even donate money, because it'll be very useful to me.
  7. curthard89

curthard89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    depends if devs like myself come along and read it lol.

question: why not use the calendar?
  8. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    because, like my student, he has a 7 day timetable rather than a 5 meaning he cant do a reacurring event, he has to put each day in. its just so if u have a weekly event, u dont miss the same class.
    @cuthard89: is this a simple thing to make?
  9. curthard89

curthard89 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    in theory its just an editable uitable but in reality its gona be harder then that. After i finnish iLive, ill make sure i make this my next priority.

keep

www.ultimate-tutorials.co.uk

in your bookmarks as its where i post all my dev stuff.
  10. wthoang

wthoang New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    thank you very much. cant wait