Time!?!?!

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by O4kl4nd, Jun 26, 2010.

1. O4kl4nd

O4kl4nd Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I change the time on my iPod and it always changes back...anyone know how to not make the stupid time to just make it stay what I want it....it's pissin me off!!! >=(
  2. peebrian202869

peebrian202869 Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    dosent it do it automatically off your time zone + internet?
  3. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    the ipod changed its time to what ever time your computer is when you sync it (or open itunes... i cant remember) so is the computers time wrong? that would make the ipods wrong.
  4. O4kl4nd

O4kl4nd Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    no my time on my computer is right...idk why my ipods time keeps on changing...i keep redoing it on my ipod and it always goes back two hours...its annoying
  5. jsc315

jsc315 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Yea I been having this problem but its the date going ahead a few days. I've done some research online and this seems to have been a problem all the way back in 2008 and apparently its still a problem.If anyone has any answers I would hugly appreciate it.
  6. ipodrosedx

ipodrosedx Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Me too. Except mine is at least 20-30 minutes ahead. I been trying to change it the right time every time I turn it on. It is getting so annoying. >< I am glad I am not the only one who has this problem. It showed the right time before, but now it doesn't. I have to change the time on my iPod all the time. It is getting a bit tiring. And I tried everything (except a restore, that is my last resort). I deleted my last backup and try to sync it again...still showing the wrong time.

If anyone have the answer, I will be grateful as well. If not, that is okay at least you tried.

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. iTz AzNSaucE

iTz AzNSaucE New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Omg same

well, at least we all know it isn't just us...
    ...I was about to take my iPod to an Apple store =P
  8. pizzaman

pizzaman New Member

I've had this issue for a couple weeks now, very irritating bug. No matter what time I set, it keeps changing to GMT time. Time zones are correct on pc, iPod and Mac. Issue might have started the first time I synced it with a newer Mac, In the past I had solely synched with the pc.

I found a way to force the bug to appear it works almost everytime just run seesmic, google maps or any location aware app and time will change.

Can't believe noone has found a solution for this yet, besides restore =\
  9. djmurderous

djmurderous New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    im having the same problem with my ipod its quite annoying still haven't found a solution i thought it was just cos i had a jailbroken ipod but seems like other people are having the same problem
  10. pizzaman

pizzaman New Member

In a jailbroken iDevice, delete the cache file /var/root/Library/Caches/locationd/cache.plist after this is done locationd services will recreate the file and time will be correct.