Time to jail-break!

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brendanm, Mar 11, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Alright,

Here's the deal. I'm going to personally test out jail-breaking with the new iTunes tomorrow after school as I won't have wireless or high-speed access until then. With that said, I need a little help getting started! If you don't mind, please answer these questions for me and provide links so that I can actually get it done considering I'll only have a 100 KB/s download speed for about 2 and a half hours! I will video tape the whole proccess, zoom in on the important stuff and upload when I'm done.

1. What do I need exactly? (I do not have ANY jail-break stuff on my computer right now)

2. Is Cydia still free?

3. Is there a guide for Windows Vista Home Premium 32BIT?

4. After the jail-break, am I able to shut-down, re-boot e.t.c?

5. Does everything else work the same as it did on the tethered?

6. Is there any freeware to literally clone your whole ipod? (iTunes isn't detecting my purchases after a HDD replacement on my computer so I had to take the jail-break off on a public one the re-download to my ipod thanks to apple and now I'm working on getting it on the computer for the jail-break)

Thanks everyone,

Please provide links for the following:

The actual jail-break
    A working GUI
    A tutorial
    The firmware from Apple
    How to convert that firmware
    And anything else I need!

And I'd appreciate a good list of needed apps and such. I noticed when I had it tethered the battery life was about 50% less longer lasting.
  2. sdfgsdsdfgsd

sdfgsdsdfgsd New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The Gui Quickfreedom gives you everything you need. Just download it and follow the process.
  3. Downsider

Downsider New Member

4. JohnnyAndroid

JohnnyAndroid Active Member

Device:
    iPad 4
    There are already people who confirmed that they are unaffected by the iTunes 8.1 update.

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. Legendairy

Legendairy New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. Search

Please Register or Log in to view images

, but basically libusb, the rest depends on if your doing it manually or by GUI

2. Yes, it's free

3. No, there are no specific guides, but all Windows guides should work for you.

4. Yep

5. Yep

6. Search

Bold: Thanks, but no thanks, that's what the search box is for.
  6. justan

justan New Member

In the time it took you to post all of that you could have read through some topics, downloaded a GUI and been almost done jail breaking by now