Time To Jail-Break

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by brendanm, Feb 4, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

I have just downloaded the redsn0w lite tool 1 and the Iron Man Theme and iPhone Browser. I'm now downloading the ipsw that was linked on the red sn0w lite tool page.

I got a few questions?

1. Do I need anything else?

2. How do I JB with the red sn0w lite tool 1?

3. How do I install the Iron Man Theme?

4. Can I still sync with iTunes?

5. Where can I get iBoobs?

6. What other things can I do with a JB?

THanks for all help.. Only night I can do this so please help.. I walk 45 mins in snow storm for bad wifi just to get this downloaded. I in cold.
  2. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You can sync with itunes, but make sure create as new ipod. The iron man theme can be downloaded from Cydia. You will need libusb, installed, but make sure you are not using vista, because it will disable your usb drive, and possibly your mouse/keyboard.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    I already downloaded Iron Man Theme. How do I install it? Whats Cydia?

I am using Vista. Have no other computer. How do I get libusb working on Vista?
  4. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Right click LibUSB installer > Properties > Compatibility Tab > Check off 'Run this application in compatibility with' (Windows XP (Service Pack 2) is the default selection) > Apply/OK. Right click again, 'Run as administrator'. Please use the search on top. This has been answered several times (about the 4th or 5th time for me anyway...)
  5. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Alright thanks I got these questions left to be answered:

I got a few questions?

1. Do I need anything else?

2. How do I JB with the red sn0w lite tool 1?

3. How do I install the Iron Man Theme?

4. Can I still sync with iTunes?

5. Where can I get iBoobs?

6. What other things can I do with a JB?

7. How do you get 'volume booster'?

8. What's Cydia and do I need it?

I don't have Wi-Fi for my iPod Touch cuz we got dial-up.
  6. andrewpiro

andrewpiro New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    if you don't know anything about jailbreaking... With a 2G i highly advise you don't... you could really screw something up.
  7. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    To use Cydia (& therefore really get any real benefit out of the jailbreak) you're going to need WiFi...

As andrewpiro said... For the 2G if you really dont know about jailbreaking, i suggest you don't do it. Take a look at the other posts on here & ask yourself if you're willing to deal with the tethered JailBreak, etc.
  8. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    And remember your ipod touch may seem brick at times, but it really isn't. Most likely you need to go into dfu mode. Trust me, there are plenty of threads about bricks, just look at them and don't post a new one.
  9. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    But can't I download off the cmoputer and transfer to my iPod Touch and install through Cydia on the iPod touch on a folder or something? I can download anything on my laptop.. Just not my iPod Touch directly.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Oh and I have iPhoneBrowser which is supposed to let me go through it like SSH does, can I just use that? And What if I don't want the jail-break, how do I reverse it?
  10. Veritas06

Veritas06 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    There are a few apps that can be installed through SSH (yes, you can use iphone browser as a replacement) however apps like WinterBoard need to be installed through Cydia. Your best bet will be to do the initial setup of your iPod. Really without WiFi this is prolly gonna hurt more than help. Just remember it's tethered. If you want to remove the jailbreak, just restore in iTunes