Time to get down and dirty!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by brendanm, Oct 8, 2009.

1. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

So, I've been off the forums for quite some time now, although if anyone notices I pop up once and a while. I've been here since we were waiting for an untethered 2G jailbreak, go figure!

Anyways, I was previously on a development team during that time that failed, ashamed at the lack of effort on my time I got ashamed and decided to leave, with that said I'm now back and eager to get onto work on something.

To start off, has there been any successful jailbreak attempts at 3.1.2 yet? iPhone 3G! I'm on 3.1, and hate the whole freezing during sleep thing, therefor I want to update... Or if I have too, revert to 3.0, with that said though I'm on dial-up unless I go to a friends, so I'd rather not revert and then let's say tomorrow see 3.1.2 jailbroke.

However, regardless if anyone here wants to start a team, or anyone here would like any help in any aspect... I'm here.

Oh, and this will seem a stupid question but as someone has told me if you jailbreak your iPhone 3G you need a new SIM CARD every year? Is that true? I doubt it, and even then, I'm not unlocking it. I happily pay for my service, but I'd love to reap the benefits such as themes, ringtones and more off a jailbroken device.
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

3.1.2 was released three hours ago and you are asking about a jailbreak!

Most people on here don't even know that there is an update available. The Dev-Team has posted on their blog and they are aware of it being out. I can only assume that they will work on a jailbreak for it and patience might be a good thing to have right now.

As far as your last question; a SIM card is good for a more than a year; your source is not a good one.
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Anything is possible my friend, I remember back a firmware was released and about two hours later someone had it jailbroken using a method for a previous firmware.

I know, still, like I said a method from a previous firmware could end up working for this firmware. If 3.1 is jailbroke, then 3.1.2 might not be that different... As far as I understand, it was simply to fix a few bugs, major bugs, that is.