Time out after time out, safari loading issues, fun stuff like that.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 16gbofmagic., Jan 30, 2008.

1. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I got a touch last weekend, but ever since that I have been having connection problems.

For instance, downloading apps from Installer. Some will go but some will get stuck, and if it gets stuck I have to go to wifi, turn it off then back on, and try again.

Sarfari doesn't load certain pages. I need to cancel and refresh numerous times for pages to load.

Refreshing sources, it takes so long and when the connection is broken it stops and I can never get it all the way.

The newest one is getting ROMs from Cute FTP pro. I can connect for about 5-10 seconds and then it cancels. And it takes 10+ tries to even connect for that long, saying it timed out.

My wifi is super fast and I have full bars all the time. I am also 3 feet away from the router. Could it be a defective iPod? Or something else?

Thanks guys.
  2. schnikelfritz576

schnikelfritz576 New Member

im having the same problem as u except i had downgraded my ipod and its not jailbroken anymore cause i cant go to jailbreakme.com. u can read my thread a couple topics down and i tried restoring it but nothing seems to fix it.
  3. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hmm. Thats annoying. Would jailbreaking 1.1.2 or 1.1.3 help? I could if I have to.
  4. Yeahyeahyeah

Yeahyeahyeah New Member

Hey, are you using any kind of ipod protector/screen protector?

You'd be surprised by how much these actually reduce the range and connection speeds of the wifi.
  5. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Nope. No screen or protector.
  6. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Just for an update, it's definetly my internetz at home. I went out to dinner and the holiday inn next door had free wifi and loading was flawless. Installer didn't refresh, but im now blaming that on the amount of sources I have.

So basically, whats next? Do I need a new router? Or just spend some more time at the holiday inn?
  7. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

Yeah, you need to figure out what it is about the router. Has it got an encryption on the router? If so, try:

1) Did you put the right password in to connect to your wifi?
    2) Give your Touch a reboot - had problems when i first connected to my wifi. I rebooted, and everything worked.
    3) taking the encryption off and see if you can connect?
    i) If it connects, try using WEP encryption rather than WPA or WPA2;
    4) I've heard that some routers are just not compatible with the Touch, so try borrowing another wireless router;
    5) Do a search on here for wifi connection problems, or check out the ilounge forum (google it).