Time Changing

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vahnx, Jul 23, 2010.

1. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    My time on my iPod is constantly changing. My PC clock is right (1:28PM) and my house hold clocks also state that time. I'm in Canada using an iPod Touch MC 8GB jailbroken on 4.0.

I just tried changing the time on my iPod and re-syncing, and my time stayed the same so I'm not sure when or why my iPod decides to jump 4 hours into the future what seems randomly. My time zone is set to Toronto which is correct.

I'm pretty sure every time it's changed, it goes 4 hours in the future. Does anyone know of a fix w/o formatting it/un-jailbreaking? Thanks.
  2. Shawa

Shawa Super Moderator

Device:
    Nexus 4
    Make sure the time on your computer is set right, I had a similar problem syncing a GMT iPod in the states.
  3. Blubri31

Blubri31 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I heard that if your computer hibernates while running itunes and u sync ur ipod it could mess up the time. Try connecting your ipod to your computer without running itunes.
  4. CarlosTheJackl

CarlosTheJackl Member

Well his computer must be right if the house clock says the same time...

side note: Shawa your avatar scares me.
  5. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    Yes... my computer clock is right. I tried some other fixes from Google to no avail. I also don't use hibernate. It has nothing to do with a computer. I was "afk" for 3 days and my time still changed.

A fix is to set my timezone to one -4 from Toronto, but now my Alerts go off 4 hours earlier, even though they are set correctly.
  6. vahnx

vahnx Banned

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)