Tilt for browsing/ typing...well, for what really?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by mojoliveshere, Apr 16, 2009.

1. mojoliveshere

mojoliveshere New Member

Hi folks,

I'm on the cusp of buying a touch 2ndgen though am curious about the tilt- as the subject says, what does the screen tilt for? does it do so for browsing/ typing, and what else?

I searched and didn't find what I was looking for.

Thanks in advance!
  2. deleted account 92

deleted account 92 Active Member

It's used for landscape keyboard in safari, it's used to show albums in music player, it's used for various games and for other apps. It's really neat.

And when the 3.0 firmware comes out, more of the official apple apps will be able to use landscape mode.
  3. mojoliveshere

mojoliveshere New Member

thanks for the reply Shaq.

Yeah, it looks like a great feature. I played with a friends the other day but did not see anything that shifted horizontal so I wanted to check.

You mentioned 3.0 firmware....will apple continue to update their players in such a way, even if new models are released? I have heard a new ipod touch is to be released in ..July?
  4. EddyVercetti

EddyVercetti New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i wish you could turn off the tilt cuz it gets really annoying when your lying down sideways or something
  5. SimonTheSnowman

SimonTheSnowman Active Member

Yeah I've had that problem before. Although turning the device upside-down, and you sideways should work.

Tilt it pretty cool. It makes typing a LOT easier. And in Firmware 3.0, you'll be able to use a horizontal keyboard on ALL native apps, apps Apple make and include with the device, on the iPhone or iPod Touch.

And uh, if you're asking whether or not the new iPod Touch's and iPhone's will have tilt. Yes. and will they come with Firmware 3.0? I'm not quite sure. Although it's plausible.
  6. Xii

Xii New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    You can turn off the rotation if you want. Donwload Sbsettings from Cydia, then download the No Rotation add on.
  7. mojoliveshere

mojoliveshere New Member

I was more referring to whether or not Apple will make software updates for older models once the newer one has been released.
  8. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The screen adjusts for different things, such as easier typing, games, and other uses.

I suggest you hold out on buying the 2G right now, and wait it out for the 3G iPod.
  9. Nathan B

Nathan B Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Yes, the older models will be updated. Also, the new iPods come out in September, not July
  10. mojoliveshere

mojoliveshere New Member

Do you know what will be changed for the new model? More storage perhaps?