Tighten silicone case.

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by iBricked, Aug 23, 2010.

1. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I have this silicone white case which is like rubbery and I love it, too bad the top bit is getting loose, is there a way to make it tight again with my ipod inside it, doesnt really matter.

I have researched and dispite what wiki and iptf posters say, there is a disagreement, the silicone goes up to 300 degress and down to 151 so I want to tighten it but HOW!?

No burning or melting!
  2. dunk

dunk New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    under the same circumstances as you do. despite the color. lol

anyone? please.
  3. Vekk

Vekk New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Hmm, what about maybe throwing it in the dryer? Or maybe boiling it in water for a few minutes? I'm not sure if either of those would "melt" the silicone. Another Idea, you could also try microwaving the silicone case.
  4. themaster2443

themaster2443 Member

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    By no means microwave it!!! or even put it in a dryer unless you want both of those appliances ruined..... seriously, who comes up with these things.
    you might as well put it in a toaster if your going to do that.

However, I do think the boiling in water idea is a decent one, and fairly SAFE if you do it right! haha
    But make sure you don't boil it over a temp of 350 or 400
    And when you put it in, I would suggest holding it with tongs and just dunking it for a few seconds
    If you just drop it in and leave it then it might shrink disproportionately and way more than what you want it to
    After you take it out and it has shrunk to the desired size, I would immediately rinse it under some cold water to keep it from shrinking any further

Hopefully that will work. If not then maybe put tape on your ipt before putting it in the case
  5. Jimboo

Jimboo Member

Device:
    iPad
    Actually, if it is silicon, you won't ruin any appliances. But on the other hand, it won't shrink it. Silicone's melting point is around 650-700 degrees, so you can't shrink it. You need to just get a new one.
  6. iTouchEC

iTouchEC Banned

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I dont believe there is anyway to shrink it. It's not a tshirt lol. I have a silicone case now, I'm sure after a while it'll loosen, but I also have a skin on the back which will keep it snug for a while. But once it gets loose, I'll just replace it. That's one of the benefits of TPU. Maybe my next case will be TPU.