tiff exploit question

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by music4life, Nov 21, 2007.

1. music4life

music4life Active Member

Ok guys, I know moderators aren't usually supposed to be the ones asking questions, but hey, we don't know everything. So, I'm here to ask if it's possible to write an OFFLINE exploit to the iPod by forcing firmware onto it.

Now I know I can just leech off of someone elses wifi, this isn't why I'm asking.

Thanks in advance.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    (i have almost no knowledge of the TIFF exploit)
    lol ok question was the TIFF exploit a safari exploit or was it in the ipod touch firmware?
  3. Paintball

Paintball New Member

Im pretty sure it was a safari exploit. So im pretty sure it would be very difficult (if its even possible) to get an offline exploit happening. But to jailbreak your ipod, just find any wifi that you can. It only takes a few minutes for Slovix or jailbreakme.com.
  4. music4life

music4life Active Member

"Now I know I can just leech off of someone elses wifi, this isn't why I'm asking."

See first post.
  5. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    i kind of got this idea but i took it one step further. i reasoned that if the installer and ssh was part of the firmware package, then there would be no need for an exploit. so i extracted the firmware file looking for something that would indicate what gets installed. if i find this file, it's simply editing it to include the installer and ssh and repackaging the ipsw file with installer and ssh. if successful, we can customize the ipsw with any and all apps (have to keep the space limitation problem in mind, though).

i'm still looking.

or maybe simply adding the two to the dmg file will do the trick? i'm kind of weary to test on my own ipod, though.
  6. music4life

music4life Active Member

Ok, we need to talk lol, I'm producing a program that will do all of this by just a few clicks, do you know anything about C++? Hmmmm.. PM me back.
  7. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    just got started with C++. so i'm a noob in this area.

i'll PM you after the long weekend.
  8. music4life

music4life Active Member

K, sounds good my friend.
  9. simonrichards150

simonrichards150 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I have been working on slipstreaming apps into the firmware package. If anyone knows how to encrypt the dmg while specifying the AES key then could you please let me know? ta.
  10. rem736

rem736 New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    tried a simple slipstream of ssh and the installer into the firmware. needless to say, it did not work. itunes complains with an error message.

so maybe re-encrypting with the same aes key may be the answer. but i have no clue how to do so.