Ti-83 Plus emulator app

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by RadicalxEdward, Oct 11, 2007.

1. RadicalxEdward

RadicalxEdward New Member

Does anyone know of, or would be willing to take the time to create a TI-83 Plus calculator app for the touch? I know there are a lot of people looking for a graphing calc app.
  2. THCue

THCue New Member

TI-89 would be better
  3. RadicalxEdward

TI-83 Plus is more commonly used though. Not to mention each version of the calculator processes functions slightly differently for some reason. So using the most common one would ensure the most consistant answers. But if it doesn't already exist, it would probably take more time than anyone would care to put into it to develop. sadly.
  4. ram

ram New Member

voyage rulez
  5. andyandy6464

andyandy6464 New Member

6. coax

coax New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Personally, I'd like to see a port of X48 (HP 48-GX), but anything that can do unit conversions and bin/hex arithmetic would be nice.
  7. eddygazilion

eddygazilion New Member

I'd say the TI-89 is more standard for calculus and up. For me, if I had any idea how to put these things together, it would be worth it, I would rather just have one super-gadget in my pocket rather than a bag with my iPod, calculator, GBA, etc.
  8. humbert

humbert New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I agree that the TI-89 is definitely better than the TI-83/84 for anything more complex than basic calculus, but I disagree that an emulator would be worth it for either model.

In my opinion, an emulator of the calculator would be much to annoying to use for any tests or anything more than just to play around with.. you'd have to have like three screens of buttons, plus the actual display; I think there would be almost no way to put it all on the screen of the touch display, like in the NES emulator, considering the amount of stuff you need to show.

That said, an emulator would be nifty, but for someone to put in all the effort it would require to make one would not be worth it. Also, anyone who needs graphing calculator capabilities should just buy one. They aren't cheap, but they're not that pricey either, and if you're gonna need it for math class then just buy it.
  9. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

THCue, your avatar is so strange. i dont know why but it freaks me out. is is so weird.
  10. RadicalxEdward

Hey man, there's a GBA emulator ya know.it's called gpSPhone