[Three Month Evaluation] BSE (Hi res pictures included)

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by rafarquhar, Dec 30, 2008.

1. rafarquhar

rafarquhar New Member

I don't think this has been done before.

You may have read my BSE review that I posted a few months ago. I actually still get questions about the BSE through PMs, so I figured I would write a nice little follow up.

After three months of hard use, my BSE has not failed me yet. Today, I accidentally dropped my iPod from roughly chest level on to hard, rough concrete. I snapped a few pictures of the results, and I figured I would write a three month evaluation, since most reviews are still written in the "honeymoon stage" of owning a product.

There is not much for me to say here, since most of it should really be said through pictures. I am very satisfied with my BSE. Before the pictures, here are things to take note of - this is the worst case scenario for a BSE.

1. I take my iPod with me everywhere, and it's always in my pocket. I wear very slim fitting jeans (Levis 511 represent!) and this causes a lot of wear on the corners of the BSE. If you don't wear tight jeans, I would assume the corners will not be as severe as mine.
    2. As I mentioned before, the iPod was accidentally dropped prior to this review (quite literally 5 minutes ago). After the drop, I simply brushed the dirt/stuff from the concrete off of my iPod, cussed a little when I realized what I did, and then took it inside.
    3. These pictures weren't doctored in any way, though I'm pretty sure this is obvious.
    4. I apologize if the pictures are slightly blurry. My camera wasn't focusing correctly for some reason.
    5. I didn't really take many pictures of the screen. The only part of the screen pictured is the only part affected, the rest of the screen looks untouched. Furthermore, the marks shown simply wiped away.

And without further ado:

Please Register or Log in to view images

Detail(ignore the chromab, I need a new 50mm

):

Detail:

More detail:

This is the picture that shows it all. This is what the corner peeling looks like. Even though it looks moldy, that's just lint. I wear black jeans a lot, so the lint looks dark.

Hope this helps! I suppose this is just another testament to the BSE saving an iPod in a drop situation.

What will I do now? I may go buy a RebelTouch, because the skins seem to have a problem with peeling due to my pockets. I would say that my case is pretty isolated though, so I would still strongly recommend these skins.

EDIT: And yes! Other than the drop, the back is flawless, so it is not pictured out of laziness. Sorry.
  2. Intense

Intense Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the follow up and nice 3 month review it really shows how good the skin is in a long term.
  3. joorowned

joorowned New Member

How come it looks like gash like scratches on the side on the touch with the chrome?
  4. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

whats bse LOL!
  5. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    BSE is Best Skins Ever, a skin for iPhones/iPod Touches
  6. mieraisamazing

mieraisamazing Banned

ahhh ok!! thanks for the clarification... i feel stupid lol... but ya anyways seems like bse totally protected ur ipod touch but i hate how the sides look and that is why i have taken it upon myself to buy speck pixel skin cases... im a picky person that likes everything to be in perfect condition lol.. speaking of im wiping off my ipod right now lol
  7. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

The sides dont look like that, its just this is one abusive person