Thread for the "Finishers"

Discussion in 'iPhysics [old jailbreak version]' started by MooTheCow, Dec 30, 2007.

1. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

This thread is for all the level-pack designers who are currently going out of their minds "finishing" their level pack.

You know, at first it's just a crazy idea, then you write a quick demo to prove it works, then you work out a few levels which is fun at first. But THEN you realise that you've got loads to do to polish the design and add enough levels that people don't complain it's too short. And on top of all that every level needs to be play tested to make sure that it's actually possible to complete it, and then again to make sure that people won't complain its too hard... And to top it all you're getting sick of the sight of the thing.

Currently I have 4 levels done, with another 4 at least to do, and perhaps another 8 pictures to draw. And maybe 2 hours per day to do it in. Yipes!

I'd release a demo, but then I know I'd never finish the final game.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    haha it's true.
  3. Rawd

Rawd New Member

This post made me laugh. You're right on all points.

I have a possible solution. I spoke with Mindfield regarding a collaboration of our efforts for a new levelpack. Maybe we could all work on different parts of a really good 10 level pack or something. Maybe that way, it won't get so tedious.
  4. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Yeah, I was getting to feeling that way when I was working on my Newton pack. When my "elevator" idea didn't work out for level 9 (which took quite a bit of work to hand-code all the links in the chain, the pulley and the elevator itself) I just removed the whole thing and, after some debating on what should replace it, I just decided to hang the sense of it and leave it up to the player to figure it out.

5. MooTheCow

MooTheCow New Member

Yeah perhaps its getting to the point that we'll need project teams rather than individuals to finish a levelpack! Just let me finish this one and I could be up for it.
  6. Rawd

Rawd New Member

Are you talking about Moo-n Patrol? Can't wait.

7. jmccnz

jmccnz New Member

Is r4m0n working on finishing the actual Crayon Physics pack for his release?

That could be a project that a few levelpack makers could take up to lighten his workload...