Thoughts on MW2 being cross platform?

Discussion in 'Console & PC Gaming' started by Spyda, Nov 19, 2009.

1. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Between 360 and PC taht is. Now I realize it is HIGHLY unlikely, but I would just like to get some thoughts. Since the PC version has been dumbed down, there is a slight chance now. I found this quote on another forum:

"Maybe IW is gonna throw us a bombshell and say MW2 is playable cross-platform? That would explain why they decided to do what they did.

They did say before that they've been holding back a bombshell announcement, saying it's something that completely changes the game as we know it...that would certainly do it."

This would be sooo nice since almost everyone i know plays on the 360. Anyways, although its unlikely i wanna hear thoughts. Discuss.
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    And why is the PS3 left out of this?

Also, PC players would absolutely dominate Console users if they can't use Mouse & Keyboard.
  3. sirjonofun

sirjonofun Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Quoted for truth!
  4. Xtreme Touch

Xtreme Touch Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^^ thats exactly my thought..
  5. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Because Microsoft and Sony are two different companies.

I realize that, but it was done in Shadowrun or whatever that game is. Also, there could be an option to play cross-platform or just with your platform.
  6. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I can see that they are two different companies. But they both have Modern Warfare 2 on their consoles. So again, why did you leave out the PS3?
  7. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Tbh I really don't know much about this, but I would think that Microsoft ad Sony would never come to an agreement to make a server for both platforms. Also, it's never been done before whereas PC and 360 has been done.
  8. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why do you assume that Microsoft or Sony would be creating the server? Btw, there is NO Dedicated Server option for MW2. Modern Warfare 2 was created by Infinity Ward which was distributed by and owned by Activision Blizzard. Microsoft has nothing to do with them aside from the game being available on PC and 360. But also on PS3.
  9. Spyda

Spyda Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I realize this, but I'm sure whoever would be making the servers would still need consent from Microsoft and Sony. Otherwise someone would have already made a game like this, and made a fortune off of it.
  10. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought all Microsoft / Sony had to do was sign the game.

I honestly have no idea, but I think that's how it goes.
    After that, it's up to the game developers to decide what happens.

Maybe this is why it is VAC enabled on the PC?
    Hopefully every system is linked. I'd be able to play with all my PS3 / 360 friends.