Thoughts on 15" MBP?

Discussion in 'Mac & OS X' started by AndrewBrackin, May 4, 2010.

1. AndrewBrackin

AndrewBrackin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hey There,
    I thought I would post as I will be getting a 15" MacBook Pro around June Second my Birthday and want to know what you all think about it. It will be the i5 model

Please Register or Log in to view images

I am currently using a juiced up mac mini with a 27" Samsung display and it works fine but it's slow for a lot of what I want it to do.

I do internet radio and need to stream in high quality, running lots of programs, uploading huge music files. I also do quite a bit of photography and videography and my mac mini won't keep up with final cut very well.

I decided instead of being a cheapskate to just spend the extra cash for a nice MBP and 15" as i'm used to a large screen.

Anyway what do you all think about the MacBook Pro line?
  2. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Which one (processor speed)?

And definitely go for it!
  3. deadlyvirus

deadlyvirus New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Overpriced.
  4. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I've got a 13" Unibody MBP and a 15" Pre-unibody MBP and they're both absolutely fantastic machines. Incredibly capable and would have no problem doing what you want to do (I do largely the same

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  5. AndrewBrackin

AndrewBrackin New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Probably the 2.4 GHZ as I don't want to spend too much =D
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Awesome, yeah I don't think you can go wrong with a MBP well a new one at least.
  6. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i smell a recall, in atleast the ones with the 330m with auto graphic switching. i got the 15 inch i7 and my graphics card keeps locking up, not the actually computer itself. Went to the apple store, took my laptop and diagnosed it. Guy calls me hes like yeah theres a problem, probably the logic board, dont have that part, heres a brand new laptop. I get home, play some stacraft 2 beta, exit and bam locks up. Then i watch entourage with vlc, bam locks up again. (the guy actually transferred all my stuff to the new laptop, i verified that its a new laptop, difference serial number). So either expect a software update within the next few days or a major recall.