Thought it was free?

Discussion in 'iPod touch VoIP and Telephony' started by Kraftwerk, Jun 27, 2008.

1. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

I haven't used my iPT as a phone for talking yet, but I have tested it to show the skeptics in my town that it will ring their phones until I get a mic. Well, someone else came over. I wanted to show them that I can actually make their cells ring from an iPod, but it says something about me having run out of credit, that if I want to have free-unlimited calls, to please buy more credits.

Well, if it's free and unlimited, why are we having to buy credits? It also shows on their website (http://voipbuster.com) a list of countries where we can make and receive free calls, (US being one of them, landlines... and mobile are free); but I cannot do it anymore. No calls are going through from my iPT nor coming in.

And here I was about to tell all those I know about VoipBusters so they can chat on their Macs and PCs. I wouldv'e looked stupid within a few days after they couldn't call anymore. Any ideas why they say free but turn around and ask us to pay? False advertizement, I guess?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. nachos1010

nachos1010 New Member

I think they say its free because its just a trial.
  3. hockeycraze12000

hockeycraze12000 New Member

You have to put at least 1 cent into the account to get all those free calls.

Then Voipbuster wont take money from your account, but you still have to have money in your account.
  4. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

1¢? I'd give them $50 if it would be free-unlimited... and if the mic works. Been hearing that about 1/3 of all the mics being sold won't work. But I know of a couple people who have their iPTs working as a phone, and they never bought any credits, and it their iPTs still make and receive calls. Also, when I first started off, it said I had no creidt, yet it still made/received calls.

Anyway, this is what it does... when I dial out from my PC, it says: Call ended. The number you are trying to reach is invalid. No number I dial is unvalid. And with the iPT, it won't do anything except call out. The key turns red, then back to green again. No phone will ring. And also on my PC, a tiny window pops up saying: You have logged into VoipBuster on another computer. Click here to log back on again, and it repeats itself over and over and over. I only have one computer, unless it's referring to my iPT logging onto VoipBuster.

Beats me.
  5. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
  6. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

In fine print... no. But free is suppose to be free. So I went on and read everything again. I do not see anywhere where it says buy credit at any price and never pay again and always make/receive free-unlimited calls.

What I do see is it's only free as a trial, no amount of calls are specified in the trial. Then it says buy more credits to get free longer calls. Now how does one get free longer calls? Either it's free calls or it's just longer calls. It can't be both.

Some guy on YouTube says: Don't worry about it, it's free and unlimited. You'll never have to pay anything. It can't be free and unlimited if you have to pay everytime money runs out of your account. lol
  7. nadnerb33

nadnerb33 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Every mention of 'Free' has an * which to the average person means there's some kind of catch which you should investigate.

Seriously, read that link again it's all there.
    But if you can't be arsed I'll summarise it here for you:
    Free account: 60 mins of 'free calls' then you have to upgrade by depositing some $.

Upgraded Account (with credit): 120 days of free calls with a maximum of 300 mins a week. When 120 days/300mins are up you have to pay the normal rates or top up for another 120 days/300 mins per week of free calls.
  8. ridax

ridax New Member

Where did you hear that from? From all mics sold, I have so far received 2 back that didn't work. That is less than 0.1%. Of course it is possible that there are people that has non working mics that never let me know, but I doubt that all of them would be satisfied like that?
  9. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

• Double posting
    Okay, thanks! But what is the minimum they want us to pay? HockeyCraze said just 1¢ and it then will be free. 1¢ for 120 days? Sounds too good to be true. You say 60 minutes in the free trial, but I haven't even used it for more than 7 or 8 minutes since I've signed up with VoipBuster just by ringing certain people's phones only to show them it can be done from an iPod.

And I've only had this Voip on my iPT for about 2 weeks, not 120 days. There is something that I'm not understanding. Sorry!

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk New Member

I heard it on YouTube and read it on some website. Those who had bad mics weren't happy.