Thoughs on New iPod Line

Discussion in 'September 1, 2010 event' started by Qartin, Sep 1, 2010.

1. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    1. The New Nano is a joke. Its cute, thats it. They downgraded and went backwards, they took the video camera out, they removed the scroll wheel which was a killer.

Even the people that were reviewing the damn thing for engadget were joking around laughing at it, and not taking it serious. Its ugly, and I think its going to backfire for Apple. I think if they should have kept the scroll wheel in it, or atleast made it bigger. Now its basically a shuffle with a screen.

2. The shuffle was aimed as a cheap iPod for running, and just listening to whatever song. Now they made it square again, and with buttons. Which again is a step backwards for Apple.

3. Finally the iPod Touch, they listened to people and added not only 1 but 2 cameras, but still. No flash. Which is still making people want more...

They still have that cheap chrome back to it, which gets scratches easily, and fingerprinted easily. Alot of people complained about that, I would have loved if they made it aluminum kind of like the new iPhone, made it more sturdier. But no they neglect to listen to their buyers on that one, and still have that stupid backing for it.

So they basically put a camera in it which should have been in the 3G, with no flash, and the same design and just made it thinner like everything else.

4. iTunes 10, I think is a step forward. Adding Social network into iTunes I think is great way to get more people to buy music from their favourite artists.

5. Apple TV great price drop, but now its basically a box that lets you rent movies and tv shows. and stream music, which I like that idea of. I might buy one, they look great.
  2. [AFX]

[AFX] Well-Known Member

yeah i definitely agree with you on the nano, complete step backwards. i was thinking, last year they introduce the camera, this year they take it out, removed the clickwheel, removed the speaker. i bought the nano because it was super small and lightweight, had a speaker, camera, hardware controls vs touch controls (a thing i hated with the ipod touch), pedometer.

from the moment i seen the new nano, and every time i see it in the future, i yell at my LCD display "i fu**** hate this piece of sh**".

my opinions basically stand the same with yours in terms of these new devices. flash however, i dont care for.
  3. Qartin

Qartin Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Yes another great point raised, people bought the nano because they didn't like the touch controls, and wanted hardware controls. Now there gone. The nano is basically now a cross between iPod Touch, and iPod Shuffle.
  4. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I, personally, like all the products.

1. iPod Nano is now a low-end iPod touch. It can be worn, a-la-iPod Shuffle. Yeah, it may be a little gimmicky, but hey. If it doesn't work out, Apple will remove the touchscreen. Something tells me it'll be a pretty big hit.

2. iPod Shuffle. Its the Shuffle; I use one everyday for my workouts. I clip it to my sleeve and it works great. They've integrated the best of both worlds; physical hardware if you need it, and voice control if you don't.

3. iPod touch. Pretty impressive. I didn't really think we'd get a a video camera on the back, but we did. Either way, what I really want is the new, 'Retina Display' screen.

4. Apple TV. I like it, even if my biggest reason for liking it is Netflix and the super simple Netflix UI. It's very nice.
  5. b777forever

b777forever Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone
    My thoughts are short and sweet
    1.) iPod Touch Lived up to it's rumors. I'm glad they added FaceTime and Retina Display on it.

2.) iPod Shuffle Way more better than the 3rd gen design.....

3.) iPod Nano Pure crap.
  6. Bootstrap Bill

Bootstrap Bill Banned

Almost. The camera is only .6mp
  7. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Wow, really? I thought it was HD video...

And does it take still photos or just videos? Sorry It's hard to tell from the site.
  8. devadv

devadv New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    nano lost the camera...fail

ipt4 still doesn't have FM radio.

meh

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. ipodtouchpwns

ipodtouchpwns New Member

1. iPod shuffle
    Great idea bringing back the buttons.
    Not a huge upgrade from the 2nd gen, but it's still a good idea.
    2. iPod nano
    Piece of sh*t. Tiny-a$$ screen, no camera. No video (not that you'd want it on a screen that small).
    3. iPod Touch
    Magical.

Please Register or Log in to view images

Retina display, dual cameras, what else could you want?
    Only changes would be an aluminum back and a GPS. Other than that, it's great.
  10. samw40

samw40 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You can download an app for it, but that would require Wi-Fi D: