this whole itunes 7.5 issue..

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by GreeKNastY, Jan 28, 2008.

1. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    will there be way to get around everything if you have 7.6 in the future?

theres no way i can uninstall itunes 7.6 to get to 7.5...everything would be messed up...
  2. commanderbdokey

commanderbdokey New Member

well u could save ur music somewhere else and then when u reinstall itunes just add them in again like if they were new
  3. FlipJonesy

FlipJonesy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    are you talking about the 1.1.2JB? There's a way around this, There was a thread about it a few days ago but I can't seem to find it. For Mac( I don't remember the windows way, I think it's pretty much the same, you use a similer app to iNdependence but for windows) you need to download iNdependence, and you JB to 1.1.2 as usual, after you run the 1.1.2JB file on your computer, the ipod (in itunes 7.6) should go into recovery mode. Quit itunes, Run iNdependence, it will give you some error about the baseband version or something like that, ignore it, the ipod will reboot a couple of times and you should be in 1.1.2JB
  4. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    hm sounds intresting...that thread would be greatly appreciated...
  5. hdwicked

hdwicked New Member

just do the jailbreak normally as the instructions say. run ibrickr for windows or independence for mac and let the ipod reboot twice as the other guy said and when it seems like the program has stopped doing things and the ipod is on the unlock screen it will be on 1.1.2 jailbroken.
  6. mk123a

mk123a New Member

Whats with this itunes 7.6 1.1.2 jailbreak problem I keep hearing about?? I have itunes 7.6 and I have succesfully downgraded from 1.1.3 to 1.1.1, jailbreaked 1.1.1, installed oktoprep and then used touchfree to upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.2 without any problems at all.. I don't understand how so many ppl have problems with itunes 7.6? and are downgrading to 7.5 and going through that whole mess. If your on a pc, heres what I did for the 1.1.3 - 1.1.1 - 1.1.2 - 1.1.3 dev jailbreak.

1. hold power and home buttons until ipod goes to recovery mode. Hold shift and select restore and choose the 1.1.1 restore file.
    2. Jailbreak via jailbreak.com or any other method
    3. install ok2prep
    4.on itunes 7.6 press and hold shift + click UPDATE and NOT restore...select 1.1.2 recovery file.
    5. Run touchfree and it will jailbreak it to 1.1.2
    6. from there follow the other stickies to upgrade to 1.1.3 dev jailbreak

Hope this helps, still perplexed with all these itunes 7.5 issues.....is this mac only problems or also for windows???
  7. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    but bro..after doing that exact procedure..on 7.6...everytime i reboot my ipod...it goes to auto recovery mode...after 4 diff treis and 3 diff methods......it has to be 7.6..cause i notice when i jailbreak 1.1.2 it reboots and then shows the recovery picture...i dont remember seein that last time...
  8. dualcorex

dualcorex New Member

you dont need 7.5 to upgrade to a 1.1.3 jailbroken ipod. i can help anyone who has 7.6 get a jailbroken ipod
  9. GreeKNastY

GreeKNastY New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    ^help me...lol whats your aim?
  10. mk123a

mk123a New Member

Hmm....odd, after I use touchfree to jailbreak 1.1.2, it tells me reboot the ipod... when I press and hold the power button to power down the ipod, the swirling wheel of death comes on...and then the ipod begins to reboot itself...this process takes about 5 minutes....after that the apple screen comes and boots up... and I have a jailbroken 1.1.2 with installer app on springboard...i never experienced it going to auto recovery..