"This movie could not be played."

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by SalParadise, Nov 29, 2008.

1. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I have seen a couple of other threads addressing this same error message, but no help thus far. Videos I have purchased through iTunes no longer play on my IPT. It has nothing to do with YouTube like some of the other threads stated. I reset all of my settings and it still gives me the same error message. Any suggestions out there?
  2. Gamma

Gamma Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Try resyncing with your computer.
  3. SumDaii

SumDaii Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    make sure they're in MP4 format, if that dont work, try resyncing
  4. SalParadise

SalParadise Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Does it have to be resynced with the computer I originally downloaded the videos to? They were downloaded from the iTunes store, so they should be in the proper format. They worked fine for a while, and then all of a sudden stopped working. Curious...
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Figured it out. Just deleted videos from my IPT, then copied them back.
  5. Crippled Bacon

Crippled Bacon New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok, this is agonizing. I have re-synced, rebooted, reinstalled ALL videos, and restored this ipod touch. Nothing has worked. Music and Applications work flawlessly, however, movies I PURCHASED from the ITUNES STORE will download to it, and show up as tabs with titles and all that good stuff that should be there if it actually DID work. So when I go to click on a video, the screen goes all black for about a second and a half, then POP goes the message that reads "This video cannot be played" and I click "OK" feeling stupid. Please don't make me return a Christmas gift. What is my affliction here?
  6. beachgooloo

beachgooloo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am in the same boat... THe movie works fine on itunes ( We purchased from itunes) My apps that I got from itunes are having trouble opening now too... When we 1st got them, no problem, now they flash open for a second, then back to home screen. UGH. I am going to restore a second time. :/ GRRRR