This might sound stupid...

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by ZackPalmer, May 28, 2008.

1. ZackPalmer

ZackPalmer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    God I'm an idiot. I build the custom firmware and then click iPwner but it doesnt add installer and stuff? I got the new RC release and I don't know how to Pwn it will my custom firmware, it just pwns it with the 1.1.4 normal firmware, help?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. shavey99

shavey99 New Member

After you pwn then use itunes and restore with your custom ispw... hold shift and click restore and navigate to the custom ispw.
  3. ZackPalmer

ZackPalmer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I should have freakin known that crap, one second stay with me.
  4. ZackPalmer

ZackPalmer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I get the 1602 error when I try to shift restore with the custome firmware...I hate this new winpwn version...
  5. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

Did u already do the actual pwnage to your iPod???? This is necessary for ur iPod to accept custome firmwares ...
  6. ZackPalmer

ZackPalmer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Ok so I restored to normal 1.1.4 firmware, uploaded normal 1.1.4 firmware to winpwn, clicked iPwner, says its finished pwning it. Made the custom firmware (which is confusing and lame i think with all that select packages and stuff) and built it. Shift+Click the Restore button with the new custom firmware i get the freaking gay 1602 msg. What am I doing wrong?
  7. ddgv

ddgv Well-Known Member

well u need to pwn your iPod before restoring the custome firmware into it ..... I think its the ipwner option .... This is the process that flashes your bootloader so u can use custome firmwares .... If this part is omited then u will not be able to put custome firmwares
  8. ZackPalmer

ZackPalmer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch

I'll figure it out some way I'll follow the how-to guide word for word and see what happens, thanks for helping.