This isnt a complaint

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by weirdo009, Jan 31, 2008.

1. weirdo009

weirdo009 New Member

Well isn't the wallpaper with summerboard not supposed to work with 1.1.3?, because it's working for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

Oh and how does the que in Installer work?
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    There was an update for summerboard that made wallpapers work on the springboard.

The Installer queue works by adding things to its queue, then when you want to install all the things in the queue you just hit install in the next thing you want to install.
  3. weirdo009

weirdo009 New Member

oh ok thanks for clarifying, and why don't the themes go to the directory when you get them from installer?
  4. gruppler

gruppler New Member

summerboard is still looking for the themes in the wrong folder. there's a fix you can get through the installer under "Tweaks (1.1.3)" available via BigBoss's Beta/Unstable source, but i haven't tried it because i just fixed everything by copying everything from /var/root to /var/mobile, and then deleting /var/root and linking /var/mobile there instead like this...

cd /var
    cp -R ./root/* ./mobile/
    rm ./root; ln -sf ./mobile ./root

i had to do the removing and linking on one line because /var/root gets created after executing a command in the terminal. so far, everything's been working perfectly because of that fix. i'm sure it breaks a lot of 'best practice' rules but whatever.

p.s. if you do that, you might also need to either make some directories and preference file world-writable or make the executable +s
    p.p.s. it might make more sense to copy mobile to root and remove mobile, linking root there instead, but it shouldn't make a difference.