This is now stupid. Wifi issues on Blackra1n

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abcmsaj, Dec 30, 2009.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I haven't had problems with Blackra1n until the other day when I installed something, rebooted my phone and found that I had been hit with the Wifi problem, where no SSIDs show up and nothing connects anyway.

The "fix" for this is "Reset Network Settings" which does nothing except puts my iPhone into a constant reboot loop (i.e. Apple logo for 2 minutes, then black screen, then Apple logo again, rinse and repeat)

This happens everytime I reset the network settings and it results in me having to DFU and restore to 3.1 again and then restoring from a backup. Then I can't install ANYTHING from Cydia which requires a respring or reboot, or else I'll lose Wifi again.

For the past week, I've had Cydia sat on my Springboard but I haven't installed anything. I used to have LockInfo, qTweeter, Winterboard, 5 Icon Dock, SBSettings, Kirikae - Now I can't have any

Please Register or Log in to view images

What's the ACTUAL fix? Because this is getting annoying now. I just want a stable jailbroken iPhone with the ability to connect to Wifi networks. Any thoughts? (I'm going to restore now.. Will be back in an hour -.-)
  2. silverstorm

silverstorm New Member

try restoring from a clean file (firmware)
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    oh i heard blackra1n rc3 is way better and has little probs. did you use that?
  3. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    Yeah I used RC3. I was thinking... what if I Pwnage Tool it and then download the Blackra1n app for the unlock bit?... That might do the job.
  4. SilentWalker

SilentWalker Retired Moderator

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Just asking...does sn0wbreeze use the same exploit as blackra1n? If not, sn0wbreeze IS coming out within a week. Maybe that'll fix your problem? idk
  5. jimbeam

jimbeam Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Try pwnagetool. I used it with no problems. I'm still on 04.26 baseband. If your on the latest baseband and you still have wifi issues after pwngetool then I'd says it's a problem with the new baseband and only apple can fix it.
  6. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I am starting to have issues too. So, I reset network settings, it did it's thing. Now when I connect, type in my password, it connects. But there are no wi-fi bars. :/
    Help?

EDIT: I fixed it.
  7. David.

David. Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Have you tried contacting GeoHot, and explaining that his program is buggy? You probably have, just trying to help though.
  8. mitchell209

mitchell209 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    He says it's a bug in the firmware itself, not because of blackra1n. I remember my wifi screwing up once, but after my Dad sent my iPhone into a reboot cycle, I just restored and haven't had a problem since. I even unlocked it with blacksn0w to see if it would screw up my wifi again.
  9. Dragomer

Dragomer New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Well while blackra1n might be fast and all try a google search for

Blackra1n wifi problems.......

Its pretty common whether the method is said to be stable or not