This is not very important, but is this a common problem? I searched before posting.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by AnotherFan, Dec 24, 2007.

1. AnotherFan

AnotherFan New Member

Yeah, I've had my iPod jailbroken for about a week and everything has been working perfectly but I'm noticing something a little irritating with the Brightness option Settings.

I don't think this was happening before, (maybe it was?) but whenever I completely shut down my iPod and turn it back on again, the brightness is set to max brightness (it's weird cause I left it off at almost nothing) and when I go into Settings to change it, it actually says it at almost nothing. When I move the little dial back and forth to change the brightness it makes almost no difference, (even when I move it to the end and back). So I'm stuck with the really bright screen it gave me.

I found a little fix to this. I just put it to sleep and wake it up again and the brightness i normal again. And the brightness in setting is fine too, but I'm wondering if anyone else has had this issue? Or is this common with all jailbroken iPods?
  2. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Is Auto-Brightness set to on? If so, then the light sensor (top, left of center) will determine what brightness to set based on the ambient light conditions in your surroundings. If you are in a brightly-lit environment, the brightness will be set to max. In dim lighting or darkness, the brightness will decrease appropriately.
  3. akermar

akermar New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i agree

if you want the level to be the same all the time go to settings and turn off auto brightness
  4. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah, it does seem like a common problem. I've notice that autobrightness even when I wake it from sleep will have it on MAX until I unlock it, then it'll drop down to whatever level is required. Kind of annoying...