This is like a scene out of 1984

Discussion in 'Site feedback, suggestions, and discussions' started by psychofish25, Jul 24, 2008.

1. psychofish25

psychofish25 New Member

I realize that the idea of a perfect forum may seem to be well-within reach. For instance, getting rid of the spammers and trollers, but I think it has been taken too far.

Like a scene out of 1984, trying to make this forum perfect has, in reality, made it corrupt. Sure, kids can come and talk about how much they love their iPod Touches, but why can't we help them further enjoy it. Getting rid of a-holes on this forum is great, no one likes them, but getting rid of kids who bump threads so they can get the help they deserve? That's a bit ridiculous.

And I've read the rules and scoured through the crime and punishment thread and I have to tell you, it's a sight of a truly corrupt forum. I mean getting banned for saying you need to look for a cracked app, without even posting a link? How is that criminal? This forum is for fans of the iPod Touch, therefore it should be a community of everything, posting *******s of apps and such. We here about kids complaining about paying for the apps, so why not help them?

Of course, it's illegal to give out a cracked app, but this is the internet people, and this needs to be a community in which we can help people further enjoy their iPods. I mean getting warned for telling a kid how to get OS X running on his PC? How is that any different from teaching kids how to illegal jailbreak their iPods? We warn them of what could happen, but we still teach.

So overall, I think you moderators need to lighten up. This is a community, not a strict society. If a kid wants to learn how to get Labyrinth for free, let him. Warn him how it is not legal, but still let him. Forums like that truly succeed, stuff like [PIRACY.tb] and *******ech, they thrive because members come together and share ideas and information, to allow them to further enjoy things.

Lighten up guys,
    Jordan
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    I swear, will people stop comparing an Internet forum to stupid things? It is just an internet forum, no need to go around and try to fight for your rights since they're not being impeded in real life.
  3. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Stop whining. It was just like that before the new rules were introduced and things were worse back then. Now, everything is more orderly and proper as the main goal of the site is to help people, not help them obtain cracked apps. The rules have even stated no requests are allowed so you tell me, why don't they listen?
  4. jamil_d

jamil_d Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Actually, it was better before the revolution

Please Register or Log in to view images

another reference to 1984. It's been the proletariats that have been the problem. Those animals keep on asking the same questions, without searching, spamming, posting links to random cracked applications, etc..

While I agree a reference to Nazi Germany was going too far, I have no choice but to agree partially with the above statement. But it is not Big Brother (Bgizzle, see the similarity, okay, not really)'s fault, but it is of those of the "n00bs", who change this forum from one of learning, to one of "Yu-Gi-Oh!" "Pokemon" "ZOMG!!!1! WINPWN 2.0 IS OUT" (x100).

Sometimes, the Mods can get out of hand. But again, it's not their fault. It's yours. Re-read your post to make sure:

a) it d03sNt r33d lik3 t1s
    b) It is fair, non-racist, and helpful
    c) It contributes to other people's learning or enjoyment.

That's my two cents (damn cliche)
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    can people stop complaining about stuff? i agree with Tes. it is only a forum. its not like our lives are based upon iptf. if you dont like the forum,and how its being treated, leave.
  6. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    Thats what no one understands here.
  7. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    umm, which part are u quoting?
  8. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    That people always whine about the forum and complain about whats wrong. Also, the leaving part.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. agarwal1

agarwal1 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    I respect his opinion but we don't need whining to spam the forum. If he wants cracked apps or anything else illegal, he should go to another forum.
  10. thechungster

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    ahh all of it.