This is hilarious!

Discussion in 'iPod touch in the Enterprise' started by HAL9000, Jul 14, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HAL9000

HAL9000 Banned

Who is going to use an iPod Touch in a corporate environment? Just the thought of it makes me laugh. If you need a device for business you are probably just going to get an iPhone.
  2. optimo

optimo New Member

I can give a pretty good argument against iphone. 'Business' to me is email, which ipod does just fine.

See my other post for a topical discussion
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

The iPod can be a GREAT PDA. Especially now that it is capable of all the iPhone does, minus the phone of course. There's no reason not to have an iPod for business; especially since there are no monthly service fees on the iPod. It is also a nice easy way to work on data both in the office and at home.

I'm all for it.
  4. P0150N0U5 F15)-(

P0150N0U5 F15)-( Banned

I have to disagree as well. SkylarEC could not be more right about its use as a PDA. I already, as such use it as one...
  5. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    exactly! i dont need an iPhone, but i want it coz im a techy geek that loves gadgets

Please Register or Log in to view images

but thing is, most people all ready have awesome phones. and thats what a phone does, it calls. all the iPhone has that the iPod touch hasnt got are
    -Phone
    -Text
    -3G/EDGE
    -Camera (crappy imo)
    -Hardware buttons
    -Speakers (extremely quiet)
    -Bluetooth, that only works with an bluetooth headset

and the drawback to an iPhone is that its only available in contract in most countries, and the limited memory capacity. 8GB wont be enough for me as i have 7GB of videos, while the iPod touch has a mximum of 32GB. if you want a decent camera, get a camera. the cameras on mobile phones will never be as good as digital ones. they say "this phone has xenon flash" but the flash ruins some of your pictures. For me, i think the iPod touch is the ultimate subsitute if you dont want an iPhone on contract
  6. EMForce

EMForce New Member

is it just me or has 2.0 caused a booming infestation of noobs, and not regular "i just bought an ipod noob" but "im a closed minded noob who dosent think outside my own lil imaginary world of video games and junk food" noob.IPTF reaks of noob
  7. H3X

H3X New Member

The only reason I want an iPhone is because I am always carrying around my iPod and the only things I use my Phone for is taking pictures, texting, and calling.

I hope I can get an iPhone so I don't have to carry around both. Yes, I could get some HTC thing from Verizon (my current plan), but I'm used to the iPod and I like to use it with iTunes.
  8. crizh4x

crizh4x Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Exchange works nicely too. I'm glad I started using it... almost wish I had MobileMe, but this is a good alternative.
  9. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    no, 2.0 has made so many more noobs

Please Register or Log in to view images

they all say "can i share smb for enigmo" on iptf, but then they get banned for giving illegal material.
  10. Go Avalanche

Go Avalanche Banned

I like the ipod touch better and think its a better PDA like skylar said but i just dont want to pay monthly
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.