This is getting to the point its bull****

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by jrok18, Sep 16, 2008.

1. jrok18

jrok18 New Member

I am getting so GD frustrated bc i still cant sync my old ipod touch to itunes 8. If i cant sync the old one then i cant sync my new shiny 32gb ipod touch that's collecting dust in my closet . I tried everything and nothing works. I even updated my whole computer last night and nothing. Itunes been working great for 3 years for me , now this its bull****. I don't know if best buy geeks on wheels or circuit city firefox would help me with this problem but im thinking about calling them to come check it out anyways. Does anyone know what service pack i should be on? I just updated to service pack 3 last night and still the same problem. They even have a updated itunes 8 out but i get the same problem. O and on number 4 it said Important: Do not use the iTunes8Setup or iTunes864Setup file you previously downloaded. So what should i do? delete itunes8setup? Any help i would really appreciate it. Thanks

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS2280

http://img522.imageshack.us/my.php?i...scn0323ei9.jpg
  2. hotnikkelz

hotnikkelz New Member

Seems like you may have no choice but to uninstall itunes completely, redownload a fresh setup file from an alternative and reliable source, and reinstall the program. Maybe the program has been corrupted and not necessarily a pc update which has caused the problem coincidentally.
  3. jrok18

jrok18 New Member

I did do that like 4 times.
  4. simons

simons New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    if u downloaded it from a different website other than apple, it could be a fake

im just guessing
  5. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

uninstall iTunes and all apple related software

Go to your application data folder and delete all itunes and apple related items - do the same for program files

reboot

make sure the files are gone (if not, finish deleting and reboot again)

then reinstall iTunes 8.

following these steps should fix your problem

If you think its still a problem with iTunes, use a different computer to test-sync, ive had to force restore from another computer to get it to work with my main computer's iTUnes
  6. jrok18

jrok18 New Member

Would i lose anything from my itunes library if i delete everything itunes related ?
  7. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

If you left default settins, your music/videos/media is stored under Documents and settings/[your name]/music (or videos and so on...)

So to answer your question: nope. What I listed were iTunes program base files, nothing to do with your music/media

also: when reinstalling, download a fresh one, dont use what you already have
  8. TSOnTheDrums8892

TSOnTheDrums8892 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    woah woah, first of all before getting in to uninstalling and reinstalling itunes, you need to make sure its not your computer... Does your computer recognize the iPod when you plug it in? if not you should try a different USB port and maybe a different sync cable cause that one might be damaged or something...
  9. XFreeRollerX

XFreeRollerX New Member

Well assuming he is intelligent, most people would have already tried that....

the first thing I do when having troubles syncing is new USB port, different cord, and lastly, see if a different computer will see the iPod