This is getting really annoying.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 1.1.3 Discussions' started by kholdilocks, Feb 2, 2008.

1. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello.
    I have jailbreaked 1.1.3 about 7 times now, and everytime I try to copy my apps into the applications foler (via SSH, I have about 70-80 apps), my springboard just resprings continously and then it crashes into recovery mode. I have tried booting it up with iBrickr, and the screen turns red. After a few seconds, iTunes recognizes it as y old iPod, and iBrickr says it is fixed, but my iPod does not go back to the springboard, and it just crashes into recovery mode again. Is there any way around this. I'm on the verge of smashing my Touch.
  2. ZombieKiller

ZombieKiller Banned

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Uh, download them through installer!
  3. kholdilocks

kholdilocks Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Haha, tried that. I manage to install like 20 apps, and then when I install any more, it goes into the goddamn respringing cycle.
  4. soccerpro100cn

soccerpro100cn New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    There is no logical reason for 70-80 applications on the home screen. Guessing that you already used boss tool to move them to the other partition, I'd say get rid of the 55 apps that you don't need through ssh and try to boot up your iPod.
  5. Yakovlev

Yakovlev Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Maybe your memorys running out?
  6. tripacer

tripacer New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    set permissions to 755?
  7. GeorgeGabriel

GeorgeGabriel New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Why the funk do you have so many apps anyway?
  8. Time To Shine

Time To Shine New Member

ya good question. What could you possibly have that you would need 70 to 80 apps?
  9. H3X

H3X New Member

Yeah I have at max maybe 20 apps installed.
  10. DarkJMKnight

DarkJMKnight New Member

I have the same problem. As of firmware 1.1.2 there was no issue with SummerBoard keeping well over 100 applications in the Applications directory. I had them broken down using Categories into easily findable 'folders'. But apparently the 1.1.3 upgrade 'broke' that. Unfortunately I have not found a solution to the problem. If you have more than 83 applications in the folder, including Categories linked 'apps', SummerBoard locks up.

You can put the applications into sub folders in your Applications folder... but then nothing will access them. I tried hacking a Categories file to refer to the subdirectories, but alas that didn't work either.

Can anyone actually solve the problem rather than just freaking out about 'so many apps'?

This thread seems like a good place to look for a solution: