This is getting really annoying, I dunno what to do...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by lilskaterpunk, Dec 5, 2007.

1. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Hey guys, well this is the second time or so this has happened to me and It's getting annoying!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Whats happening is I'm running version 1.1.2 on my jailbreaked iTouch and I have all my .apps installed and music and etc.. it runs smooth. Now I go to installer and see something new I would like to install, so I click install and then hit the close button and u see the circle icon rotating but now what happens is, it don't stop and keeps going and going and u hear the click noise that it always makes but it does not restart to the slide to unlock screen.... I left it for a long time and nothing, so I try to turn it off.. but no luck

Finally I plugged it into the USB on my computer and go to iTunes and to fix the problem but no luck. Finally I just brick it (well I think I do... HAHA) and do a system restore to 1.1.1 and re-jailbreak/install 1.1.2 and so on... so basically what is causing it to not load and freeze up when the loading icon or that circle icon shows up???

Any help would be appreciated, I'm getting tired of re-jailbreaking and installing my music and everything over and over again!

HAHA

Thanks guys, great site!

Edit: Battery is always charged and nothing else ever acts up...
  2. iPodTouchProduct

iPodTouchProduct New Member

yeah i think i know what your talking about is basically your ipod freezing when downloading a app of some sort....so if thats the probelm all you need to do is hold the sleep button and the home buttun and it will restore your ipod...but it wont completely restore it that you will loose all you music, it basically restarts.

that should help your problem if it doesnt pm me
  3. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Running out of memory?

Start an ssh session on your iPod with WinSCP or Cyberduck (or launch the terminal if you have installed it), and type the df command, check how much space is left on /dev/disk0s1, maybe there is not much left:
    Code:
    # df
    Filesystem           1K-blocks      Used Available Use% Mounted on
    /dev/disk0s1            307200    268428     35700  89% /
    devfs                       15        15         0 100% /dev
    /dev/disk0s2          15551928    358280  15193648   3% /private/var
    #
    If that's the issue: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1924

Is that a new procedure? As far as I know, restore will wipe out your iPod contents. I don't think a restore is in order so soon

4. welshboy

welshboy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    no thats not a restore... it just sort of refreshes everything... it doesnt wipe anything off the iPod like a restore does...
  5. Scythal

Scythal New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    There are different "recovery" steps:
    • Clicking once on the Sleep/wake button to lock the iPod.
    • Maintaining the Sleep/wake button for a few seconds until the red slider appears, to simply turn off the iPod.
    • Maintaining the Home button for a few seconds to kill the current task and return to Springboard (i.e. not locked state).
    • Maintaining the Sleep/wake button and the Home button for a longer time to enter restore mode. Or alternatively, if the iPod is switched off and disconnected, maintaining the Home button and connecting the USB cable (mentioned here - I never checked if that worked).

iPodTouchProduct clearly refers to the last one, doesn't he?
  6. lilskaterpunk

lilskaterpunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    @iPodTouchProduct
    Yup that kinda sounds like my problem, it freezes..

Thanks guys for all ur help. Next time this happends I will try some of these steps and let ya know how it turns out...

Also about the memory problem, I have change the root of the applications or w/e to the new location that they recommend. So I don't think it would be that... but u never know. Thanks again and I will get back to ya

Lilskaterpunk
  7. DC0713

DC0713 New Member

yeah, i'm not sure if i have the same problem, but i think i might. K, so i downloaded a bunch of apps, then i went to my home screen, then the little circly thing came up and it froze. Then i thought if i restarted it, it would fix it. So then the little apple sign came up with the black screen, but then the little loady thing came up and it started going, and it eventually froze!!! If anyone can give me a sloution or direct me to where a solution, that would be great!!!!! thanks!

ps. this website is bomb btw!
  8. jhloa2

jhloa2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i had that happen to me twice too! the second time i was connected to my wifi so i could ssh and change the N45AP.plist file.