This iPod Doesn't like DFU mode.

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by MikeBoi, Apr 18, 2009.

1. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey all, I've had my iPod touch a While, and have been perfectly able to put my device into DFU mode, Several times.

I was installing a font using fontswap, and the Device froze when trying to respring. So i managed to get it off. And Now when i turn it on, it displays the Apple logo, And won't get any further. After 7 Mins the Screen Flashes white, and trys to reboot its self. And it gets stuck on the apple logo again. (it only does that once).

So after leaving it on charge for a while, and letting it boot for about 6 hours, with no luck, i turned to Google. And Googles iPod touch freezes on boot logo, or something.

I found a TuT somewhere, telling me to turn it of, and leave it for 15 mins, plug it in for 5s, or something a long the lines of that. but the only way i could turn my device of, was to let it run dead of battery. But it aslo said, to turn of your device, hold both home and power buttons for 5s. That Worked. But the rest of his TuT did not.

So i though, oh ok, when i get home, back to my windows computer, i'll simply re-jailbreak using a Flash nor (QuickPwn, I do believe).

But i wanted to try it on my laptop, as the guest house we're out (Currently) has Free Wi-Fi. But my lappy has Ubuntu. But i downloaded the windows Quickpwn, and ran it in WINE.

Now, Here are the Problems.

It wants me to leave my iPod of, and plugged in. So i plug it on, it boots, so i turn it of, and it turns back on again. So that doesn't work.

It wants me in DFU mode. (this i've done many times, and know how to use). So with my iPod off, I get my phone, and time for 10s, holding down both home and power buttons, But this turned my iPod on, so i continue with it trying to reboot, and release the power button, holding down the home button for a further 10 seconds. And the iPod is still on the Apple Logo. I've tried this 10 times now.

So that does not work.

Trust me, I've always been able to get into DFU mode, with not problems.

And i cannot leave my device plugged in, and off, as after 3s or so, it turns back on.

So, i request:

A way to fix a iPod touch 2G 2.2.1 stuck on boot logo.

Or,

A Way to get into DFU mode, on a iPod that boots up, when Power button pressed.

Or

A Program that puts your device into DFU mode, Even if on.

Thanks A LOT

Please Register or Log in to view images

And i do know what i am doing with DFU mode.

But can someone direct me to the files i need to download for QuickPwn to work, It says Files Missing Twice.

And i have MSN.

Thankyou.
  2. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    First of all, I wouldn't completely trust Quickpwn to be completely stable in Wine. I think there is some disclaimer that it might not function properly in virtual environments.

Anyways, your problem is quite common for things gone wrong like that.
    You can start the DFU mode process while your iPod is frozen on the boot logo. One thing though, does yor linux computer have iTunes? The iTunes drivers recognize the iPod in DFU mode, and gives you the options to restore. I haven't been on this site for a while now, so I don't know if there are any alternatives to this, but this is the easiest way for me.

Anyways, just plug your device in while it is frozen on the boot logo. Hold down the Power and Home button until the device shuts down. Then, wait about 2-3 more seconds, and release the power button, but continue to hold the home button down. Do this until the device is recognized as a device in DFU mode. You can restore from here.

I also believe there is a way to fix this without restoring, with the use of SSH. I believe the tutorial is on this site somewhere. Anyways, let me know if you still have problems.
  3. mmitt

mmitt New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Why did you do that... Use the one from the redsn0w site that is a tar.bz2 file... Then just use that one.
  4. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have tried to install iTunes, in Wine. But i don't get the Application in the wine menu.

And how can you SSH into it, When it is not even connected to wifi, Cus its halfway though Booting.

Thanks. I'll probaly wait untill we get home tomorrow.

But a 5 hour car journey. With no Music

Please Register or Log in to view images

------------------double post merged------------------
    I couldn't get it to run.

Typed its location into terminal and run with different apps. And what Files do i need?
  5. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    You can SSH over a USB connection as long as you have OpenSSH installed.
    I recommend iPhone Tunnel Suite.
  6. MikeBoi

MikeBoi New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    oh yeah, i got open ssh and boss prefs, as i SSH into my ipod loads
  7. keved

keved New Member