This Forum is Getting Ridiculous

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zippyijk, Feb 27, 2008.

1. zippyijk

zippyijk New Member

This Forum is Getting Ridiculous, as much as this forum use to be a great resource for information on the ipod touch, its now getting beyond a joke.

Skylar (I presume you're the head honcho) I'm thinking this is to do with a few things.....
    1. Double/Treble/Quadruple etc etc Posting, I think you are being too lienent on people for not following this rule. You should get your biggest ban hammer out and start whacking, unfortunately it is the only way people will learn.

2. There is only 10 posts per page, of which about 50% are repeated comments of others or agreeing with others. Why do people need to do this??
    I'm not sure if the forum can accept more than 10 posts per page?

3. And probably relating to no.2, the size of signatures are ridiculous, can they not be limited. And the avatars are fairly chunky too, this might make it easier to read and therefore easier to find what we're looking for.

So Skylar/Whomever is the Big Boss, can any of these changes be implemented?
    BTW, I'm not trying to put you guys down on this forum, I actually think its a great resource, I just think too many people are put off it by others not following the rules.

PS for all who cannot follow simple rules of the forum: For reference....
    http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Forum_Etiquette
    and
    http://www.dtcc.edu/cs/rfc1855.html
    See section 3.1

Please Register or Log in to view images

Cheers,
    IJK
    1 person likes this.
  2. itouchyoutwice

itouchyoutwice New Member

sadly this is the most active apple ipod touch forum I have come across so far. I know theres more out there, but this was what popped up when I was searching for one.

I second the repeating posts/threads part. Some people say they done research before posting, yet their question is similar to something I read couple threads ago, but sometimes I wonder if its because of the possible different wordings everyone uses. For example mail.app, iphone mail, mail app, mobilemail. If you want to cover all of those you would simply search for the word mail in the search bar, but that will give you TONS of results.
  3. elrey23

elrey23 New Member

And another thing, and I know I'm a noob but seriously all the "search before you ask" people on here are a little annoying. Have any of them ever tried to find anything in this forum? There's so many posts and it isn't that easy to find the answer to a question one might have.
  4. butelo

butelo New Member

I agree

Please Register or Log in to view images

A tip:

You can block the signatures and avatars of the people with adblock or other addon in Firefox, I, in fact, enjoy doing that so much..
  5. apple_ipod

apple_ipod Member

I think this topic has been covered already. You should do a search first before you open a thread.
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  7. Cowboy fan

Cowboy fan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch

I 2nd that
  8. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

1. Do not assume that Skylar is head honcho. That is Bobby (bgizzle). The moderators take care of it as best they can. Deal with it, it's not that big of a deal.

2. We don't have the Thanks function implemented, and it's also not that huge of a deal. Go to the User CP. Go to Edit Options. Near the bottom of the page you'll see posts per page. I prefer the 10. If you want more, than you select whatever you want.

3. Signatures are limited to 4 lines. Those with more cannot change their signature without losing their signature. So they keep it. Size code and images are not allowed either.

4. These are implemented. You're just not looking hard enough.

Cheers,
    spoonforknife
  9. ChikityChinaGuy

ChikityChinaGuy New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    if you looked around you'd find the answer.
    go to the "quick links" at the top left of the page,
    then "edit options"
    there you have the choice whether or not to show avatars, signatures, and images,
    and you can also set the number of displayed posts to up to 40.
  10. 16gbofmagic.

16gbofmagic. New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I think what is more rediculous is that so little knowledge went in to making this post. Almost all of these things can be changed within your Options.

Maybe know what your talking about next time? Okay, thanks.