This can be possible?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by you_kn0w, Sep 6, 2008.

1. you_kn0w

you_kn0w New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Well, i want to know if will be possible change the Hard Drive to the iTouch.

I mean;

I have an iTouch of 8GB, but i have another iPod Touch of 16 but i broken it, so i want to know if i can put the hard drive of the 16GB to the other iTouch :s.

I mean change the Hard Drive from one iTouch to the Other. Can it be possible?
  2. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    i think so, well i am not certain but there isnt much reason why not because its just like changing the hard drive on a laptop or computer, i replaced the hard drive of a 20GB 4th Gen iPod but didnt change the size and it worked fine
  3. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Its very possible but its hard as hell to do and you will need a couple special tools.
  4. Fehr

Fehr New Member

It sounds plausible, but I can't confirm that. IMO, it's not worth the effort. Just take your 16gb back to the Apple Store and see if they'll give you a replacement.
  5. SLLhotD

SLLhotD Member

most likely
    not worth d effort
  6. Byron_B

Byron_B New Member

iPod touch has flash memory not a hard drive so its basically impossable. Also the boot process will most likely be different for the 8gig and the 16 gig.
  7. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    oh yeh i forgot it is a flash drive, it completely different.. forget what i said

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. nbvikingsidiot001

nbvikingsidiot001 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    doesnt matter completely possible i dont how the 16gb would change anything though

i would recommend going to an apple store and saying while updating to 2.0.2 my computers battery died and it screwed up and now it wont turn on anymore they will give you a new one