"This accessory is not supported" While charging.

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ABotelho, Jun 11, 2010.

1. ABotelho

ABotelho New Member

Hey, I'm new. I have been looking around the forums for quite some useful information for a while thought.

My problem? At first it seems like a generic one. But, it's special. So my Ipod Touch 3 Gen has suddenly started to give me the "This accessory is not supported blah blah blah" message. It's been 5+ since I have the Ipod, and never a problem before. It happened before I jailbroke my Ipod Touch.

The odd part? I recently bought a dock, seeing as I planned to get once eventually, and thinking my wire was the problem. The dock gives the same message. After playing around with the Ipod for a bit, it eventually works (charging).

Even when it shows that the Ipod isn't charging at the top right of the screen, it can still use the Ipod's music to sound the alarm. To me it sounds like a software problem.

Any help?
  2. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Happens to me with my 3rd Gen on my USB Hub.. Different port fixes it, I would assume a driver issue if it's the computer, if it's not the computer, and a separate portable charger (I made one), it's usually a resistor problem.
  3. ABotelho

ABotelho New Member

The problem appears on both my PC and the new dock I bought. Just yesterday I tried leaving it on the dock when the battery was half full. The Ipod Touch gave the message, and indicated it was not charging. The next morning, the battery was full.

And how would I go to fixing the problem if it is a resistor problem?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Ok, it seems my Ipod doesn't charge on the dock properly anymore. Leaving it on my dock all night, it didn't charge, and even lost some battery.

I just hope it isn't a hardware problem, because then it would mean I'd have to restore my Ipod Touch, and not be able to jailbreak it once it comes back from the Apple Store...

Please Register or Log in to view images

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. rawfuls

rawfuls Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Sounds like something to bring to the Apple store..

I meant the resistor problem as if it was a third party portable charger, I have a few..

And why can't you jailbreak after you exchange with Apple?
    iOS4.0 isn't out yet, not that I know of..

If you exchange with Apple, you should be getting a 3.1.3 back, which you can use Spirit to JB..
  5. shashanknegi

shashanknegi Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    yeah when i connect it to my PC it doesnt get recognized, but it does charge when i put it in a wall adapter. Restore, or even replce it at the apple store.
  6. ripply

ripply Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Try a different cable