This accessory is not supported by iPod - Altec Lansing iM310

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by debba9802, Dec 20, 2008.

1. debba9802

debba9802 New Member

When I dock my 1st gen touch to the Altec Lansing iM310 and turn the speakers on, a message blinks continuously on the screen: "This accessory is not supported by iPod". However, the speakers work and the touch charges. The problem is that I am unable to operate the iPod with this message blinking.
    If I want to change playlists or songs, I have to power the speakers off, operate the iPod and power the speakers on again.
    The iM310 is supposed to be compatible with 1st gen touch. I've been in contact with Altec Lansing support all week, but haven't found a solution yet. Does anyone know why this is happening or how to cancel the message?

Thanks for your help.
  2. kixphlat

kixphlat Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Very strange. Make sure youre on the latest firmware 1.1.5 or 2.2.
    Keep contacting AL or go directly to the place where you bought the speaker system.
  3. debba9802

debba9802 New Member

Thanks Kixphlat - It says version 1.1.5 (4B1). I'm waiting for another reply from AL and just sent an email to the ebay seller. I'm having trouble finding anything useful on the internet about this error message. If anyone else has any ideas, please let me know!
  4. Baggy Spandex

Baggy Spandex Active Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (White)
    if your not super in love with 1.1.5, i suggest upgrading to the 2.2 firmware. it has alot of support updates, and may fix your problem.
  5. debba9802

debba9802 New Member

Thanks for your replies. The problem was actually with the speakers, not my touch. I had them replaced and they are working great. Thanks again!