Third Party App Preferences Keep Disappearing

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Labi, Apr 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Labi

Labi New Member

Hello,

I was running 2.2 and noticed last week that all my 3rd party app preferences in my settings.app have disappeared.

I thought it was time to upgrade, so I went to 2.2.1 a couple days ago, and just noticed the same exact thing happened.

I had settings for facebook, beejive, google, flixster etc... inside the settings app.

Now its blank where they used to be. My phone is jailbroken, and I always get the updates from cydia that are suggested, but I have no idea where the settings are going or how they are getting cleared.

I haven't been messing around with preferences at all, my only guess is something from cydia changed something.

Any ideas?
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I'd try reloading the applications that should have settings and see if that helps.
  3. Labi

Labi New Member

If i re-install the facebook app or beejive app, the settings come back.. which I tried when I was on 2.2.. but then they eventually disappeared again. Thats why I thought it was time to restore the iphone and start over with 2.2.1.. but now the same thing is happening.

Something i'm installing from cydia (a guess) is clearing the settings.. but I cant find anything in google that other people are having the same issue.. or maybe people arent noticing.. i hardly use the settings/preferences, but still I noticed they were gone.
  4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I'm only guessing but do you have Cylay installed?
  5. Labi

Labi New Member

• Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    Nope, I figured out it was <Scandalous>. The program works wonders to install apps, but the moment you install any app, it changes some settings and removes your preferences. I have since restored my phone and not installed <Scandalous>. ill find <Scandal? elsewhere.

I did testing with the app store facebook app.. when I reinstalled the facebook app, i looked to make sure I had my preferences. It was there. I then went into the <Scandalous>, picked some random app and installed it. I went back to my settings, and sure enough, facebook was gone.

Like I said above, I have restored my phone because im not sure what else <Scandalous> has done. I will not be reinstalling it again.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.