Thinking of trading in a touch 2g for a nano 4g in the next hour help please guys

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sammy657, Jul 7, 2009.

1. sammy657

sammy657 New Member

Hey guys bought a new touch 16gb last week, but im not too impressed with it as i dont use the apps and only use it for music and the odd tv show/film. Also the thing is too big in my pocket and im worried about cracking that massive screen on it cos i know its going to happen. So over the weekend while i was with my girlfriend i was looking at the nanos in the apple shop and was totally impressed. Now i need your opinion guys would it be worth trading in my touch 16gb into gamestation and get a new 16gb nano for the same price even tho ill loose about 80 quid on it (you live and learn) or should i keep the touch? Many thanks guys
  2. Skeptikal

Skeptikal New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    keep the touch when u go to a nano u will regret how small the screen is and not as good looking. have you jailbroken your touch?
  3. Zelda4Touch

Zelda4Touch Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would personally keep the touch, i mean its not easy to break the screen, unless you hit it with a hammer or something like that, and ypu might aswell hold on to it just incase an app comes out that you really like
  4. sammy657

sammy657 New Member

True but also im not keen on the size of the thing in my pocket lol. Im quite a slim guy and every time its in my pocket it drags my jeans down so im not too keen on that. The nano looks really cool and there seems to be no underlying prblems with the software or players unlike the touch. All i use the touch mostly is for music i dont even use the apps on it only the weather ones. Zelda i saw you was from the uk can you help me. Do gamestation do trade ins on ipods? If so how much would i get for a touch 16gb 2nd gen? Thanks guys
  5. Zelda4Touch

Zelda4Touch Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    i got a nano 4g aswell, i'll swap?
  6. Ari.

Ari. Active Member

Device:
    iPad
    Do what i do.

Get both, I got red nano <3 and i love my ipod touch still (prefer my iPhone though)

but yeah, keep ipod touch and get nano, use nano for when going out and listening to music. Use ipod touch for home and long car journeys and play games. Also, films are much better on ipod touch then nano..clearly.
  7. Ruamrudee

Ruamrudee Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    What a rip-off. Don't do it

If you want a brand new one, just sell your iPod touch

Buy the nano and keep the extra money
  8. sammy657

sammy657 New Member

See if i trade in at gamestation i could get a brand new 16gb nano or 8gb either one and a case and a new ps3 or xbox 360 game if i wanted. But its a choice weather to go with the 16gb or 8gb. I personally think 8gb is enough cos i have like 1.1gb of music and i got tropic thunder to watch on it and will be buying a few episodes of the inbetweeners on itunes. The 8gb is like £106 brand new and the 16gb is about £144 So any ideas guys?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    Also thinking about the 120gb classic but was wondering if this is also heavy like thew old 80gb 5g ipod i have any ideas guys?
  9. blueridgerider

blueridgerider New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I would not do it, but I use more media than you. Even so, if you are watching video at all I'd keep the Touch. If you want a Nano for greater portability get one, or get a competing player. My daughter has a 4 gig Sony Walkman (It was much cheaper and felt pretty durable for her first player and she got more memory than similar memory Ipod - it also supports drop and drag files and has a very nice small screen vid player).

You can pick one of these things up cheap.
  10. Dreddi1

Dreddi1 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Dont do it! Its a waste of money!