Thinking of switching from the ipod touch to the classic.

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by computer_geek_19, Jun 16, 2008.

1. computer_geek_19

computer_geek_19 New Member

Thinking of switching from the ipod touch to the classic.
    Recently I have been thinking of selling/trading my 16gb touch for a 160gb classic since I started to see my touch was not holding all of music and movies, but I am not completely sure if this would be a good idea. this is what I am thinking of switching from the touch to the classic:

More space
    Disk Mode (my friend has lots of music and videos I would like to transfer when I am in Mexico, although I don't know much about disk mode, will I be able to just put music and videos and listen to them right away?)
    More battery life
    Being able to use the apple radio (I bought one when I had my nano and now its collecting dust because of the touch, lol)
    I like some of the extras on the classic

What may be a problem:
    smaller screen (I watch a lot of subbed anime and I want to know if the subtitles would be too small for me to read. to tell you the truth 95% of my videos are anime or subbed movies. Also ho dow the widescreen videos look?)
    Not a lot of hacking that can be done (I don't know what you may do with the newest classic in terms of hacking so if anyone know I'll appreciate if you can tell me)
    Is the click wheel less responsive? (I got my friend the 80gb classic but the click wheel seem less responsive than the ones in the previous generations)

What I like from the touch:
    touch screen (do'h, lol)
    bigger screen
    very hackable
    features (Although I mostly listen to music)
    bigger screen for photos

I mostly watch videos when I am on the road and I haven't seen myself using a lot of the other features of the touch. I would like to keep all of my anime in my ipod instead of my mac. Not sure if this is possible using Disk Mode.

I like my touch but I want your advice on this matter. Lastly do you think new ipods will come out in September of this year?

Thank you all
  2. flattop95

flattop95 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i don't think you should, just get a 32gb ipod, that should be enough, and you can enable disk mode through itunes!
  3. Mortel

Mortel Active Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Actually, there is no disk mode for the iPod Touch (although SSH can be used as an alternative, kind of).

And no one can really make the decision for you, you have to do it yourself.
    What are your main priorities? Music/movies, or the rich selection of features on the touch?
  4. sidthahellraiser

sidthahellraiser New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    buy a portable hard disk to transfer ur music. Don't plan to go a generation back. D touch is way better. Use a classic n u will know.
  5. patty wagon

patty wagon New Member

ive been thinking about this too!
    it sucks have a huuuuuuuge library of music and not being able to have it all on the ipod.
    im in love with my touch, but i think ill eventually either go with a classic or just upgrade to 32 if apple does plan on giving us what the people want. a price drop
  6. awal

awal Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I have a 16gb Touch and an 80gb Classic that I use for storage, and of the two, I would rather lose my Classic. The Touch has so many more capabilities and possibilities. But if you're really not interested in the whole jailbreaking scene and only want music and videos, than by all means, go for it.
  7. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)

Bad idea. Th iPod touch has so many modifications and applications that the idea of switching is...well...crazy!
  8. Yerffej

Yerffej New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you know someone that has a classic or a 5g, ask them if you could borrow it for a while, so you could be really sure on what you want. I have a 16gb touch and a 30gb 5.5g, and thats good enough for me

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. keyboarder

keyboarder Banned

owning both keep both lol they are both great!
  10. AngelSynth

AngelSynth Banned

why the hell did you bump this?