Thinking of Jailbreaking? 3rd Gen

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by _-Blazin-_, Mar 17, 2010.

1. _-Blazin-_

_-Blazin-_ New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Ok, I'm new to the forum so i'm not sure if this is the right forum and place to post this but:

I was thinking of Jailbreaking my Ipod and have been researching it but I'm still not completely sure on some things..

1. Is it COMPLETELY SAFE to jailbreak an Ipod
    2. Is there a current jailbreak for the Ipod Touch 3rd Gen, because I had a look at the sticky above the page and wasn't completely sure if it was updated..

3. If there is a jailbreak at the moment can you show me where I could get it and which is the best one?

Thanks, It's just that it's really boring atm and I have no cash so I thought i'd jailbreak it to get some new wallpapers and mess around a bit.
  2. shiningsnow

shiningsnow New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    It is completely safe, nothing bad will happen.
    there is a current jailbreak for ipod touch 3rd gen
    The jailbreak is called 'blackra1n' go to blackra1n.com and download your OS (mac or Windows) and then follow the instructions its real easy also its like a 15 second wait

Please Register or Log in to view images

Only problem: When you turn off your ipod you need to connect your ipod back into your computer and run blackra1n to turn it back on. but everything else is pretty awesome

Please Register or Log in to view images

3. BigD

BigD New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    i wouldn't recomend blackra1n. from everything i have read its not as stable as redsn0w red snow takes like 3 minutes longer but is worth the time.
  4. EviLCorsaiR

EviLCorsaiR New Member

Device:
    iPad
    Yes. At the moment, it is 99.999% safe.

Depends on what firmware is on your ipt3G. If you have 3.1.1 or 3.1.2, then you can jailbreak. If you have 3.1.3, then you can't.

If you have 3.1.1/3.1.2, I'd personally use blackra1n, however redsn0w is a more stable alternative supposedly.

If you're on 3.1.3, then you'll have to wait for GreenPois0n.
  5. XxRedRumxX

XxRedRumxX Well-Known Member

Device:
    Samsung Galaxy Nexus
    If your on 3.1.3 and have the 8GB then you can downgrade using 2g firmware but then i'd suggest using blackra1n after cause its a quick jailbrake.