Thinking of getting Ipod touch 3g,have a few questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 2001ChevyZ71, Dec 21, 2009.

1. 2001ChevyZ71

2001ChevyZ71 New Member

1. lets say i plug my ipod touch into my home computer and it forms an itunes account,if i get a laptop a few months latter,will it form another itunes account?

2. can you safly jailbreak a ipod touch 3g?

3. does it void your warranty?

4. can restore the original ipod touch os,and is it easy to do?

5. what are some cool apps for a jailbroken ipod touch 3g?

6. how far can the wifi detector detect wifi?

7. do i have to set up a itunes account?
  2. ZeroMercy

ZeroMercy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    • Illegal/piracy-related discussions
    1. it will ask you if you want to replace yoursongs on yor ipod with the other itunes library if u sync it to another computer.
    2. I think so, but it will be tethered, meaning that if you shut it off you have to rejailbreak it with blackra1n again.
    3. no idea.
    4. yes using DFU mode.
    5.winterboard( changes springboard background), itschristmas (free reindeer installer),mobilecinema(downloads movies and tv shows), dtunes( needed to play the movies and tv shows).
    6. it matters about your router.
    7. no, you only need one if your going to use the app store.
  3. ChrisL

ChrisL Well-Known Member

1. No, you can use the same account.
    2. Yes, with blackra1n.
    3. Yes (or at least I heard), but a DFU restore would pretty much get rid of all traces.
    4. Yes, it's very easy, just click and wait for it to be done.
    5. Winterboard, Backgrounder, Rename, MakeItMine, iBlank, iFile, FontSwap and many others.
    6. Depends on the router, and what might be in the way. I can get wifi 2 floors up from my router.
    7. Yes, if you want apps.

Ninja'd!
  4. 4NewHop3

4NewHop3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Piracy is not allowed in these forums, it's against iPtF regulations. Pay for your apps.
  5. 2001ChevyZ71

2001ChevyZ71 New Member

what do you mean by that? does that mean if you turn your ipod touch off that you will have to re install all the software-and i heard of quickpwn and was wondering if that was any good?
  6. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    It means that you just jailbreak again. Only if you turn it off, or your battery runs out. And Quickpwn was for firmware 2.2.1 i believe. And right now there is only a tethered jailbreak for all 3rd Gen models.
  7. jerry.w

jerry.w New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    does quickpwn works as I downgrade my iPod Touch 3G to software 2.2.1? Otherwise I do it directly. By the way, I have read something about a non-tethered jailbreak for 3G models is coming. It comes when geohot is helped with something that he didn`t wanna say to us. (ps. I have only read this, I`m not 100% sure)
  8. ibizaGTi

ibizaGTi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I dont think Quickpwn would work, even if it does a believe Blackra1n is safer.
    Greenpois0n is meant to be an untethered jailbreak, but is not out yet. Its is supposed to be being released in July next year, to coincide with the release of the new iPhone.

Geohot said he would NOT be working on an untethered break for the 3g on his twitter.
  9. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    To download app's, yes. This can be done free I believe, if not go purchase a $15 iTunes Gift Card and that'll let you register.
  10. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    All 3rd gen touch, for some reason, reject any firmware below 3.1, so downgrading to 2.2.1 will not work. A shift restore with old firmware will not work.