Thinking about upgrading my IEMs

Discussion in 'Audiophiles: Headphones, Earphones, etc.' started by Sitruss, Apr 9, 2010.

1. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I currently am using a pair of hf5 IEMs from Etymotic Research. They are at the $150 price point and do an amazing job, but I was wondering whether I would greatly benefit from an upgrade. They're a year old and are still pumping out excellent quality audio.

The models I was considering were the Ultimate Ears Triple-Fi 10 Pro, and the Westone UM2. Is this overkill? My setup is an un-amped iPod touch Gen.3 and a MacBook.

Any recommendations or opinions are appreciated.
  2. EBOBO

EBOBO New Member

TF10 are fine. Try looking into Phonak Audeo PFE's. You'll be in for a surprise.
  3. Ihrm

Ihrm New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Would customs be an option? Just wanna through that in there since the UM2 are $250. You can get the dual driver LiveWires for that price, but you will need to see an audiologist for impressions which is a bit more money. I think they're really cool and I got a pair on my ever growing list of headphones I want to buy.
  4. eats7

eats7 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i have westone um2's and they are godly. i'd wait a little longer to get them as westone just announced they're coming out with interchangeable cables for the um2's. check them out on fb or twitter for updates.
  5. Sitruss

Sitruss New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I'm taking the plunge on the TripeFi 10s. *gulp*