Thinking about taking my iPad back...

Discussion in 'iPad' started by KCooper, Jun 30, 2010.

1. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    It's been a really hard decision for me, but I think I am going to return my iPad to the Apple Store to be looked at. It seems I have acquired one of the bad iPads; I have encountered every problem known.

I've got a speck of dust under the screen in an area that is very noticeable. While you can't see it when the iPad is off, the dust is an eye sore for me.

The iPad sometimes becomes "possessed" and taps things by itself uncontrollably, and it leads to a streak of dead spot on the iPad. The only fix for this I have found is turning the iPad off and leaving it sitting for a while.

And lastly, I recently noticed two light spots in the corner of the screen that are really noticeable when the screen is black.

I really don't want to have to wait for another iPad to be delivered! Ive gotten so attached to it invthe past month, but I believe these facts are enough to take it back to hopefully get a replacement. What do you guys think?
  2. Zink

Zink Member

Device:
    iPad
    Just return it and buy a new one when they come in stock
  3. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Take it to an Apple Store and they should replace it on the spot.

You shouldn't have to deal with that after you've spent that much.

You'll appreciate it much more after you receive a fresh one and re-sync everything to it.
  4. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I've got everyone of your problems, but I don't think they apple store would give us a replacement for dust under the screen etc ! If you do take it back tell me !..
  5. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Well, yeah...

I know, right? I'm dreading telling my parents about the problems, they'll probably be pissed off, lol...

I will. Hopefully, my parents will understand.

I've been reading stuff on various sites, and it seems all these problems are common. It's a shame that such a great product has so many problems at launch. And it seems that the media is more worried about the iPhone 4's problems!
  6. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    The screen erratically tapping things alone is enough for Apple to take it back.
  7. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    That's probably got to be the most annoying problem out of them all. And after it calms down, it leaves me with a line of dead touch screen going vertically down the iPad screen.
  8. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    I'll have to see how it goes with kcoopers first then ill see ...
    True !.. I don't think my parents will let me though I'll have to talk them into it, also how long is the warranty if you buy it brand new from the apple store ?..
  9. KCooper

KCooper Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Not sure on the warranty. I do know that you get an extra year with the Appele Care service, which I also purchased.

Edit: I searched some more, and one guy had to go through four iPads before he got a 100% good one... Yikes.
  10. ShizerMonkey

ShizerMonkey Banned

Device:
    iPad
    Sh1t.. Do you get a refurb or a brand new one ?..