iOS 3.1 Thinking About Jailbreaking but I Need to Backup My Movies & Music 1st

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Zay, Jan 17, 2010.

1. Zay

Zay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm thinking about jailbreaking but I have a 32GB 2nd Generation iPod Touch with about 11 or 12 gigs filled. How should I go about backing them up to my external hard drive & then once my jailbreak process is done, I can put them back onto my ipod. I'm talking about my music & movies, which most are not on my computer anymore due to me having a lack of space so I deleted them & then like a week or 2 later decided to get a 1TB external hard drive. I am using Windows XP if that matters at all. I have read tuts on how to jailbreak & I don't need to know how to jailbreak, that process I got. I just need a little bit of help to backup my music & movies that are on my ipod now.
  2. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    Google on how to get music and stuff off your iPod... I think you google "iPod to pc" or something like that... Jailbreaking doesn't remove Dara from your iPod... If your on 3.1.2 u can use blackra1n if u need any more info just ask
  3. MuseFan288

MuseFan288 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    you can back up movies and music with the ipodaccess software.
  4. Zay

Zay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I don't need to backup my files??? I can just use blackr1an to jailbreak my ipod & that's it??? Is that what you're saying or do I have to do a backup like I thought, cuz if I can jailbreak my ipod without losing my files that would be good. And yes I'm running on 3.1.2.
  5. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Don't freak out. Its going to be ok.

So what you're asking is "If I jailbreak my iPod with Blackra1n, will I lose everything on my iPod?"

And my response would be no. Blackra1n doesn't delete anything on your iPod; it puts your iPod in Restore Mode, then pulls it out when its finished.

However, the easiest way to backup your music/media/etc. is to sync with iTunes. iTunes will backup your things periodically.
  6. Code Name_Raven

Code Name_Raven Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Use Sharepod for getting back the music.
  7. Zay

Zay New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    So I have no need to backup my music & movies, I can just jailbreak with blackra1n?
  8. viperGTS

viperGTS Active Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    iTunes doesnt backup music and movies, only small things like contacts, app data, etc.