Thinking about getting an iPond Touch but have question

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by 46u, Feb 3, 2010.

1. 46u

46u New Member

I do a good bit of touring on my Harley and when I take my laptop, still camera and my video camera it fills up my whole trunk. I am thinking about getting an iPond Touch 32GB to give me more room but have a question. Can you down load pictures and videos right from the camera to the iPond Touch? I mostly use my laptop top to send pictures and stay in touch while on road trips. Will the iPond Touch do this well? If I get one I am hoping I can hook it to my stereo system on my motorcycle. It has a jack where I use to hook up satellite radio.
    Thanks
  2. _JKK_

_JKK_ Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    No, you must use iTunes to load the pictures (so you'll need a laptop/netbook)....

Sorry.
  3. 46u

46u New Member

I have all so read where not to get it over 95F. I live in the DEEP SOUTH and we have many days in the 100 to 105 or more will this be a problem?
  4. Hackey_Sack

Hackey_Sack New Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    My guess? It shouldn't be a big deal. Definitely find out for sure, though. Plus, even if the temperature doesn't cause the problem, the fact that is was that hot *may* void the warranty...
  5. TakenAppleDownAPeg

TakenAppleDownAPeg Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I don't know for sure about the heat but I would be more worried about the humidity, many an ipod have died from the sweat of user running into it.
  6. 46u

46u New Member

Not looking good as I live in Georgia and the humidity is always HIGH!
  7. zDSpider

zDSpider Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    At this point in time, I would wait for the 4G to come out (or the real 3G if you count Apple naming it "Late 2009"). Regarding photos, you probably won't be able to transfer them directly through Bluetooth. You would need an intermediary, a laptop will do.

Oh, and you might wanna copy them to the iPod with something OTHER than iTunes (like iFunBox for example) because iTunes resizes and downsamples them, sometimes even while increasing the filesize. For me 300 MB jpegs turned out as 1 GB on the iPod. It does so to reduce loading times between photos.

PS: Why are you repeating the word "iPond" ?