Thinking about getting an ipod classic...

Discussion in 'iPod classic, nano, etc.' started by IlluminatedTouch, May 24, 2008.

1. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

I need one to hold everything, my music, videos/movies, pod casts. My 8 gig touch can't hold that.

I heard that while surfing the UI on the Classic, it is a bit sluggish. How sluggish is it? How bad is it? Is it still usable?
  2. intopuddles

intopuddles New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I had an 80GB that was pretty solid. It did get laggy after a while, but nothing too bad.

I had iPodLinux on it, so I was able to emulate old school consoles and some other neat stuff.
  3. sarg

sarg Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    He means the new iPod classic, the 80/160GB one, which cannot have linux on it.

I've seen the classic, the UI is fine.
  4. charizard

charizard New Member

get one of the older ones that can hav elinux becuase the new ones are boring. there just normal ipods which is no fun. lol
  5. IlluminatedTouch

IlluminatedTouch New Member

Just got it in the mail today...Its apparently a refurbished one, and the place where we got it from (online) said nothing about it being a refurbished one. But it looks BRAND NEW. So i'm happy with it.

But i'm syncing it now, and its making a noise. Is it a harddrive? or flash?
  6. bindle

bindle Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah most refurbished things will look brand new. good luck though...hope there's no problems with it...i have a 160gb classic which i got as a gift. does what it needs to do

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. kitren2

kitren2 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    They do that on my step dads brand new one, its fine its just its hardrive. lol