Thinking about getting a touch...questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by arikado, Oct 11, 2008.

1. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I'm thinking of getting the 8gb ipod touch 2nd gen...

1) What should the average price be right about now? (im canadian, but if you want to answer in american currency that'll be fine)

2) What would benefit me if i were to buy it from an apple store rather then say future shop or bestbuy?

3) About the apps, do they take up the 8gb memory? How large is the average app?

Thanks
  2. ryanlusk

ryanlusk Banned

1 - Look at your futureshop flyer.
    2 - Doesn't need to ship , faster.
    3 - Most apps are about the size of a song , but the bigger ones can be up to 100 MB and some are even 200 MB.
  3. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    1. Its going to be $230 (American) at any retail store

2. Benifit from apple would be getting something engraved on the back (only if you buy off website)

3. You wouldnt need to worry about apps taking up too much space, I have about 16 and it only takes up about 300MB (and I have some pretty big apps)

The down side from getting it from apple is that returning it is a pain in the ass becuase its a zoo in there and you have to like set up appointments, make sure if there's an apple store close to you before you buy it from apple. If you have a target or a best buy close to you, I would buy it from there.

I think the iPod touches are the best iPod, you wont be dissapointed. I do segguest investing the extra $80 (American) to buy a 16GB though
  4. ShadowKing

ShadowKing Member

Device:
    iPad
    How do you guys have 200MB is Apps? I have 93.something in apps, and I have four pages worth?
  5. arikado

arikado New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Thanks for the quick and clear answers guys
  6. Bazuny

Bazuny New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    i have a total of 600mb of apps and i have all 9 pages filled
    i guess i have relly simple apps tho
  7. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

Only a few apps get above 50 MB.

Beatmaker
    Those sh*tty $50 medical encyclopedia apps
    Super Monkey Ball
    and maybe a few other games/apps

Most apps will take up about 1-10 MB.
  8. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why is it sh*tty? I mean, if you're not in the Medical field, what are you doing with the Medical Encyclopedia App? I'd say its quite useful. Instead of lugging around huge Medical Encyclopedias, opening them, searching through it manually, have it in an App all at once with easy Searching. I'd say its worth it.
  9. Gitykins

Gitykins Banned

I'm not saying they're all sh*tty, it's just that every single day I see a new rip-off on the Featured page, and half of them are medical related. Netter's and other Modality apps are good, but half of them look half-assed and ripoffs, and have 0 reviews.
  10. upsidedownsoup

upsidedownsoup Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    well if you want to buy from Amazon, an 8 Gb, will run you $219.94, 16 Gb is $289.94, and the 32 Gb is $379.94; all of which have no tax and free shipping.

if you buy from Apple, then its going to the 8 Gb is $229.99, 16 is $299.99, and the 32 is gonna run you $399.99

so theres a price comparison, as for the benefits of Apple, you get the laser engraving for free probably, and they use DHL, which, idk about Canada, but i live in Lousiana, and i sent mine back and they fixed it in California, and got it back to me in 4 days total.

so Apple has fast shpping, but you have to pay for it.

as a warranty goes, theyre the same everywhere.

Apple ensures all of their products for 1 year after purchase. so you can buy it from either best buy for Apple, and your gonna get the same warranty.

and for room. Apps that i have go from like 4 MB to 50 MB. it really matters the complexity and legnth of the app. but you should be good.

ive got about 20 or 30 and im using 800 MB