Thinking about buying a 2G Touch

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Mobious, Dec 14, 2008.

1. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    I own a 1G ipod touch and I was thinking of giving it to my brother and getting a new one since he asked me for it. But what put me off it is that I feel like there is a new one released every year when it comes to ipods. So I was wondering if there are any rumors of a 3G (Not network, I mean 3rd generation) Ipod touch in the works for 2009? Is there any news on what it might feature?
  2. Cohen_computer

Cohen_computer New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I don't think so... I think the 2G touch only came out because they had the iphone addons that apple added in like the speaker... and those sort of fuctions....

So i'm not sure, i don't think they will...

Cohen
  3. Mobious

Mobious Member

Device:
    iPad
    Hmm, you could be right. But then you have to consider the lack of blutooth or built-in camera. So in my opinion there is still room for improvement. Any other opinions on whether apple would release another Ipod Touch?
  4. iGadget

iGadget New Member

I think what they really have up their sleeves is a flip-transparent-multitouch-phone, I saw the patent for it somewhere. As for the iPod, I think it's quite safe to buy the 2G now, besides, it's got everything except a phone and a camera, so you'll have tons of fun with it.
  5. Redshift

Redshift New Member

Well, they aren't going to pretty up the iPod touch too much, because they want to always make the iPhone look better. They make a lot more money off of the iPhone than the iPod touch, that should be self-explanatory.
  6. eddyboy32

eddyboy32 New Member

iSaw the multi-screen thing aswell, but that was an iPhone as far as im aware as it had numbers on one of the lower screens

if they do it iReckon they'll do it to the iPhone first and then in a few months after they'll bring it to the iTouch

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. Germany

Germany Banned

I personally think there will not be a new iPod Touch until summer-fall of 2010. You should greatly consider getting the iPod Touch 2g now. It has great features such as the internal speaker, volume switch, and a great slim design.
  8. sprint_user

sprint_user New Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    better processor, better memory, slimmer, they could always make it better without adding new things like a camera
  9. hotwater10

hotwater10 Banned

1g>2g because of one word: jailbreak.
  10. Germany

Germany Banned

There will eventually be a jailbreak. Anyways, the 1g gets really laggy and slow because of the jailbreak. The 2g will handle it better because of the improved processor. It will be a long wait until the next iPod Touch, so you might as well go with the 2g for the long run where you will see a jailbreak and make better use of the awesome hardware improvements.