Thinkin about Getting IpodTouch. can someone answer some questions

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zombieplasticclock, Nov 15, 2007.

1. zombieplasticclock

zombieplasticclock New Member

As the title says, I've been thinking about getting an Ipod Touch for Christmas. I've been doing a little research (and every site that talks about it copied the info off the Apple website...), so I've got some questions, and I thought it a good idea to ask here, since you guys know the ipod Touch enough to hack it

Please Register or Log in to view images

These Questions are about the normal ipod touch

1) does the internet cost money to use?

2)Can I use the Touch as a flash Drive (IE plug it into a computer, and put files on it for backup or storage and moving to another computer)

These Questions are related to modding the Ipod Touch

1) Is there really a N64 emulator for a Touch, and how well does it run? (also, is there a link, because I haven't seen any forum things about a N64 emulator)

2) How well does the GBA emulator run, and is there a ROM compatability list (What Roms work or not)

3) Is there a NES Emulator, and how well does it run?

4) Is there a Doom Port, like other Ipods (even though they run on Ipod Linux and Rockbox. I thought I'd ask if there's a port for it here)

5) any other Emulators I didn't ask about?

Thanks for letting me post my stupid questions

2. bts0uth

bts0uth New Member

Internet costs nothing. You can connect to any WiFi network (any wireless router)

No you can not use it as a flash drive at this point in time. There is a program out that is shareware that lets you do it so im sure we will find out how to do this shortly, just not yet.

There is no N64 Emulator for iTouch.

The GBA emulator isint the best at the moment but it is being updated almost every day. The NES Emulator is very feature rich and stable and i'm sure the GBA emu will be the same soon.

There is no Doom port but you can play DOOM on the GBA Emulator

You can play GBC games via the GBA emulator. There is a post on these forums how to do it. I belive there is a post telling you how to play sega games via the GBA emulator as well.
  3. linds

linds New Member

just to clarify, the internet is only accessible where you can get a wireless signal that you can access. It's not like the iPhone and Edge network where you can get internet anywhere.

and disk mode is not available and there is no software to do this either. Yes, there is software that enables you to access the disk but only if that program is installed on the computer. So that means if you wanna take the data on the ipod to another computer, you have to install it on that comuter as well. So it's not really a flash drive mode.
  4. zombieplasticclock

zombieplasticclock New Member

Ok, thanks. My brother's been bugging me about the internet thing the last few days

No N64 emulator? are you sure? A friend of mine told me about the one he had on his touch, and said he'd give me a link tomorrow.

GBA and NES work well? Awesome

Oh yeah, forgot about GBA doom

Thanks XD
  5. PsYcHoKoRy

PsYcHoKoRy New Member

I myself have NOT heard or seen a n64 emulator. I have never tried GBA but I just installed the NES today and it works well.. My only gripe is that the buttons are pretty small and my fat fingers have issues.. I try to hit the down button and I end up hitting the whole freakin control pad.
  6. ydoucare

ydoucare New Member

No, there is no N64 emulator currently available for the iPod touch. Your friend must have been referring to the NES emulator, which obviously does not play N64 games.