Think I should get a 16GB iPod Touch 2G?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ryuukumori, Dec 27, 2008.

1. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

I've been here forever, joined less than a month when this site was created. I have been here on and off, without a Touch this entire time. I've jailbroken 1Gs, researched a lot, and prepared an arsenal of my favorite media. I think it's time.

I am thinking of going for a 16GB, simply because it is in the middle of the three offered, and it's enough to fit 2.86GB of the music I listen to most. I can also cycle through movies and TV shows, as they are videos I have already seen. A 32GB is just too expensive, and an 8GB isn't enough if I really needed to have more music for the occasion and a lot of apps.

So, 16GB owners, do you see yourself comfortable with a 16GB iPod Touch? It is the original price to that of the 8GB 1G when it released a year ago. I am ready for a 2G jailbreak when it comes out, and not worried about it yet. I don't wish to get the 1G, simply because of its slower processor, and lack of little extra features that could come in handy when the jailbreak comes around the corner (maybe BlueTooth? Cross our fingers for some extra capabilities there).

Enlighten me here. I think I'm ready to splurge with my xmas money here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

*Oh yeah, and a the same time, I'll be buying a hard clear case. Stuck between an Agent 18, iClear, and InCase.
  2. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you don't have a 1G iPod touch already, then definitely go for the 2G iPod touch!

I don't have a 16GB myself but I would say that's enough room and you're right - for the same price of an 8GB 1st-gen iPod touch just a year ago you can't go wrong. It's like an additional 8GB and all those new features for free.

Good things come with patience is the moral for you?
  3. brendanm

brendanm New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Hey,

Yeah I have the 16GB 2G iPod Touch, got it for Christmas and absolutley love this thing! I haven't had a 1G but I hear that 2G will have more apps, features and downloads available along with updates....

It's great though man, get it!
  4. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Haha yeah.

Patience has been the moral for me. I knew that with a bit of time, money would come a bit easier (I play in music gigs with piano, sax, and guitar). Had a job, bought a car, applied for colleges. Priorities have been met. Now for some fun.

And the funniest part is, I have used 1Gs more than 2Gs. Only once have I used the 2G, and it was only for 3 minutes on a display at my downtown University.
  5. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    bro you wont regret it i've got a 16gb i watch movies and after i have watched them once i get bored of it so i remove it then add a new one, so vids dosent occupy so much space for me , apps another 400+ mb all of free ones....

Please Register or Log in to view images

...my songs about 3 gigs plus future expansion.....so i still got around 10-11 gigs free mem....lol....so no regrets i am jus patiently waiting for 2g jailbreak as well.... and the speakers on it ,,, i think we can increase its power after jb...software wise...bcos my bros 5310 nokia music phone had very sh*tty speakers at first, then he sent it for a software update and wallah....now is rocking loud....love my 2g .....
  6. MegaMan

MegaMan New Member

if you mostly do music 16gb is enough for most people
    I'm waiting for the 64gb ipod touch and once it's jail broken then I'll upgrade
  7. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Yeah I agree with you there. Plenty of space for the price is good.

About the speakers. I tested them when I used it for my precious 3 minutes, and they are very good for the size. I was impressed. I don't have a doubt JBing would boost its performance.

Did your iPod cost about the same in Singapore as it does here in the US? Just curious.
  8. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm pretty sure there's an equal conversion (at least on the Apple Online Store).

But how would jailbreaking boost it's performance like your saying?

Anyways i'm shutting off my comp now so i won't see your response til tomorrow.
  9. iblackwind

iblackwind New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it is $498 for the 16 gigs.....
    498.00 SGD = 343.875 USD
    Singapore Dollars United States Dollars
    1 SGD = 0.690512 USD 1 USD = 1.44820 SGD
    lol thts a lot more expensive here...is only 299 there aint it?
  10. Ryuukumori

Ryuukumori New Member

Well, imagine this. iPods before haven't had a built in EQ right? I'm not certain, but the Touch doesn't have one either?

A simple 3rd party JB app could do the trick. Unless I am wrong, correct me. A bass-booster?

I'm kinda making a comparison to software on computers that can control fan speed. Can't a JB program (not allowed on the App Store, assuming) do the same for volume control for the speaker?

@iBlackWind
    Yeah, the 16GB costs $299 here. Singapore's prices remind me of Japan's. A BIT more expensive too.